By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Pyro updates coming to Team Fortress 2 (and Meet the Sniper!)

http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1608/

We've almost completely wrapped up the next big release for Team Fortress 2, which will focus on the Pyro class, along with the Meet the Sniper movie. We've spent time looking at how the recent Medic release went, and have rolled feedback from that release into the new item designs for the Pyro and into the design of the achievements required to unlock those items. One item, shown here in concept form, will be the Axtinguisher. Although it does about half of normal damage to standard run-of-the-mill non-burning enemies, once you light someone on fire the Axtinguisher will guarantee a critical hit.

Along with all of the new content, we're also going to be making some significant changes to the Pyro class for everyone, regardless of whether they have unlocked any new items.

I wonder what they mean when they say that they've "rolled feedback from that release... into the design of the achievements required to unlock those items." Does this mean they are going to have achievements that aren't impossible to get, outside of achievement servers? I hope so! I'm still 2 away from the ubersaw...

The new Axtinguisher sounds pretty cool, but I wonder if they'll change the range of the weapon, since it's easy to set someone on fire, but hard to chase them down, since the pyro is kinda slow (poor Heavy though...). But hey, we're being promised "significant changes to the Pyro class for everyone," so who knows?

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

Damn you beat me to it! The pyro is getting some love. I wonder if it will be the first weapon that you unlock.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Pyro is my 2nd least played class. Flamethrower useless at mediem range and too weak to face against Soldiers and Heavies at close range.
I hope he gets some good buffs, at the same time its gonna hurt the Spy even more :(

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.