By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does smg beat every last gen game in graphics?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
sc94597 said:
Dno said:

hahahah i dont think u have ever played a tenchu game if u think thats better the ninja gaiden LOL ANYWAY NOW U PUT BUDGET into this LMAO!!! sad bro...there are a couple of games that look better on last gen systems ....

speaking of models

See More Dead or Alive Ultimate Various at IGN.com

Um , lol because that has so much detail? A low polygon count, no textures to make her skin look any more than plastic, hair doesn't look real, no facial features. There isn't any detail in her clothes. LOL.

HOw bout this for character models?

Not the best example you could use. DOA Ultimate looks better than SSBB in many areas.

I'd say it looks quite a bit better overall.

Meh that loos better is the last one. The first one lacks detail in the guys Clothes?Is that what it is he is wearing? The second one is the opposite and the people in that one lack detail in their arms legs and face. The textures in the clothes in that one is good though. The third pic is the best though because it has both. I would say that's equal to SSBB, How good are the animations in that game? Overall though ssbb probably is better graphically in because of a higher polygon count and better shaders. Smg looks better than both of them. But it could only be humans we are comparing according to griffen.

Here is probably a better picture of snake in ssbb

Around the Network

brawl is fun tho lol but nintendo isnt known for its great graphics lol. DOA is.

@Okey: Read my previous post, I gave you the reasons.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

even your friend said they are about equal... damn you are stubborn.

Dno said:
brawl is fun tho lol but nintendo isnt known for its great graphics lol. DOA is.
Um sorry, but do you mean nintendo as a developer, or nintendo consoles, because the gamecube was better than the ps2 in every area, and the xbox in some areas. The n64   was the most powerful console of it's gen, and the snes was the second most poweful.

Around the Network
Dno said:
trestres said:

No, he didn't. Learn to read.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Dno said:
trestres said:

I said in the area of character models they are equal, but overall ssbb may be better. 

sc94597 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
sc94597 said:
Dno said:

hahahah i dont think u have ever played a tenchu game if u think thats better the ninja gaiden LOL ANYWAY NOW U PUT BUDGET into this LMAO!!! sad bro...there are a couple of games that look better on last gen systems ....

speaking of models

See More Dead or Alive Ultimate Various at IGN.com

Um , lol because that has so much detail? A low polygon count, no textures to make her skin look any more than plastic, hair doesn't look real, no facial features. There isn't any detail in her clothes. LOL.

HOw bout this for character models?

Not the best example you could use. DOA Ultimate looks better than SSBB in many areas.

I'd say it looks quite a bit better overall.

Meh that loos better is the last one. The first one lacks detail in the guys Clothes?Is that what it is he is wearing? The second one is the opposite and the people in that one lack detail in their arms legs and face. The textures in the clothes in that one is good though. The third pic is the best though because it has both. I would say that's equal to SSBB, How good are the animations in that game? Overall though ssbb probably is better graphically in because of a higher polygon count and better shaders. Smg looks better than both of them. But it could only be humans we are comparing according to griffen.

Here is probably a better picture of snake in ssbb

also keep im mind all my games where created in 2002-2004!!!!! imagine if people where still messing with the xbox? the xbox pulled the same or better graphics then wii years ago ..... if thats not true then nuthin is....thats my whole point. SMG looks good but its not the best game out there on last gen systems...... thats my opinon and thats where i stand....

idk how you can compare it to GT4 it kills me LOL GT$ has more polygons in one car then a whole (what is it called sphere world) in SMG...... and thats on a PLAYSTATION 2 SYSTEMS!!!!!

Please just give that some credit......

trestres said:
Dno said:
trestres said:

No, he didn't. Learn to read.

You learn to read. On the other page I said that they were equal.

But after looking at some screens I give DOA the slight edge. See my last post. It clearly looks better. Character models, backrounds, particles, textures, lighting, everything.

@Dno: We've explained you already why GT4 could pull those car models. Read the whole thread again.

No one is taking credit here off games besdies you. Saying that SMG has a lower plygon count than GT4 is being a liar.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies