By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does smg beat every last gen game in graphics?

here black on the xbox
See More Black Various at IGN.com

Around the Network

Its easy for GT4 to have great car models when theres NOTHING else going on at the screen, and still the ground textures are horrible.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

halo 2
See More Halo 2 Screenshot at IGN.com

Dno said:

See More Gran Turismo 4 Various at IGN.com

of course SMG blows this away

Now you resort to racing sims? Lol Do you realize that  all you have to do is load the track which is very easily to do. The environment is mostly  pre rendered, which means you can't interact with it. This allows for better visuals.  That game is in no way technically impressive.. A 7 year old computer could run it. But you probably won't listen to this post. 

sc94597 said:
Dno said:

Now you resort to racing sims? Lol Do you realize that  all you have to do is load the track which is very easily to do. The environment is mostly  pre rendered, which means you can't interact with it. This allows for better visuals.  That game is in no way technically impressive.. A 7 year old computer could run it. But you probably won't listen to this post. 

nope ur right i wont listen becaue all i see is a ps2 game looking the same if not BETTER THEN A WII GAME.....

gimme all the excuses u want but dont change ur arguement please.

Around the Network

ooo far cry looks... a little like SMG.......... lol
See More Far Cry Instincts Evolution Various at IGN.com

Yes, it's better. Anyone who argues otherwise is a damned fool.

The lighting, draw distance, animations are better than anything last gen, especially in 16:9.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wow that Farcry screenshot look pretty bad to be honest, look at the fire there, and the low polygon count.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Dno said:
sc94597 said:
Dno said:

nope ur right i wont listen becaue all i see is a ps2 game looking the same if not BETTER THEN A WII GAME.....

gimme all the excuses u want but dont change ur arguement please.

I love me some racing sims but sc is right. GT had its own flaws (massive ones once you play a current-gen racing game) and it's a hell of a lot easier to render a fixed track than it is an open world where you have to deal with draw distance, light rendering (which GT4 had virtually none of), and overall "feel" of 3D.

Screenshots don't do SMG justice while GT4 screens make the game look much better than it really is. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ Both the Black Pic and the Farcry pic