By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This gem of a game, is being greatly overlooked by the gaming ommunity.

First and foremost, it is a true successor to GTA, brought to us by the creator of GTA, David Jones.

Another freeform Sandbox game, with fantastic level design, awesome weaponry, great controls, nice vehicles, and OMG the boss takedowns are hideously hard in many cases (and thats on the simplest settings)

In ADDITION, you get XBox live multiplayer, lots of downloadable content, et al.

Solid 9 out of 10

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network

Very much so. Certainly a 9/10, and it's sales have been far far below what it should.

Merely for the fact that you basically play as uber-mario with guns. Once you get your agility upto level 5, and can scale the Shai-Gen buildings, and attack from above........You have one of the sweetest gaming experiences ever.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I agree... I really enjoyed Crackdown. Leaping off the Agency tower actually gave me vertigo. The scale of that game was very well done. And the online co-op is also great fun.

It's better than GTA in some stuff, but GTA is better in a lot of others (Story, variety, length, humor, production values).

This is one of the best games of the year so far easily.

Edit: Finding the orbs and trying to climb to the top of the highest buildings was some of the funnest parts of the game, really the first game that's both vertical and horizontal completely...

Revolutionary game in that way, I think.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

True, GTA had a story... crackdown doesn't really... but that doesn't really take away from the game being fun.

Fortunately it hasn't really had to go into a lot of comparison reviews (like saint's row) and most people enjoy crackdown... for crackdown and not because they wanted more GTA.

Around the Network

I played it a good bit, I got a few hours in on co-op too that was sweet. Honestly though I can eventually get tired of this kind of constant shooting type of gameplay. Not to knock it though it's a great game that deserves a million in sales. The power-ups really make this game, jumping from roof to roof and progressively getting stronger does make for some great gameplay.

The only thing that is wrong and stopped me from buying it was the length and the depth. After you level up their is not much to do

There was an obvious lack of storyline. But I think game play mostly made up for the poor story. Actually if it had a great storyline they could have done a better job in the marketing.  It probably cost them a lot of sales.  Although I think that attaching it to the Halo 3 Beta was a great idea. 

Very fun game!!!

There was no better feeling then when I climbed to the top of and jumped off agency tower!!!

I give it 8.75 out of 10

although I haven't goine through all of the DLC yet.

Seriously this game was so good it didn't need the Halo 3 Beta justify it, but I hope a lot more people got to play it because of that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

And i think the Halo3 beta is why it isnt getting the "Hype" it deserves.

It was Marketed as "The game that included the Halo3 Demo"

Go Backwards 10 years, and SquareSoft had the same thing with their Fighting Game Tobal No1 - It became known as "That game that had FF7 Included"

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play