By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Being Female and Being on the Internet

I didn't know I was supposed to be serious in this thread?

Around the Network
Galaki said:

You're not serious in any thread. 

Words Of Wisdom said:

I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who are sensitive to the way women are often treated on the internet... there just seem to be a lot more of the stupid kind who aren't.

Ohhhhhh, got to love the non-maximised firefox window, scrolling down quickly and then seeing this random picture, so unexpected and yet so awesome.

And, lay off us Aussies alright, just because we've got a fraction of the population in the US and dominate in almost as many sports, there's no reason to be jealous :) <-- and yes sporting ability is a true measure of a man /sarcasm

On topic: It's probably because there's still this stereotype that females aren't technology savvy and that they wouldn't be interested in things commonly associated as "guy stuff" i.e Gaming. It's sad really, considering that most female gamers (particularly those on xbox live in which 99% of the userbase has a headset) have to remain quiet the entire time or else face being harassed by most of the other players.

@cryptkeeper: Your post is hopefully a sign that things are changing here with posts, because we've had a string of idiocy lately with new comers (or previously banned members in disguise, if the conspiracy theorists among us are to be believed) and some of the oldies reacting to it (I'm in the middle and thus I is never a idiot................) reducing the grey matter of this site. Also, +1 because of the avatar.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Galaki said:

I am hurt. That's so not true.

I am serious about not being serious!

I demand an appology. 

Galaki said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Galaki said:

I am hurt. That's so not true.

I am serious about not being serious!

I demand an appology.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Galaki said:
Rath said:
Why does everyone think That Guy is actually That Gal just because he thinks that a lot of guys on the internet are perverted creeps. A lot of guys on the internet are perverted freaks, 99% may have been exaggerating somewhat but that doesn't instantly make him female.

Simple because a guy would not ask such a question. (Normally)

I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who are sensitive to the way women are often treated on the internet... there just seem to be a lot more of the stupid kind who aren't.

I prefer to be an equal opportunity provider of insensitivity.

I give that post a 9.1. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

CAL4M1TY said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Ohhhhhh, got to love the non-maximised firefox window, scrolling down quickly and then seeing this random picture, so unexpected and yet so awesome.

And, lay off us Aussies alright, just because we've got a fraction of the population in the US and dominate in almost as many sports, there's no reason to be jealous :) <-- and yes sporting ability is a true measure of a man /sarcasm

Hey, Aussies rule.  I have yet to meet someone from Australia that I didn't like.  Judging on the several I have met, they are great people.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:

Hey, Aussies rule. I have yet to meet someone from Australia that I didn't like. Judging on the several I have met, they are great people.

A friend of mine once ate a truckstop sandwich that was apparently delicious.  From this I can conclude that all truckstop sandwiches are delicious right?  ^_~

Words Of Wisdom said:
Hawk said:

Hey, Aussies rule. I have yet to meet someone from Australia that I didn't like. Judging on the several I have met, they are great people.

A friend of mine once ate a truckstop sandwich that was apparently delicious. From this I can conclude that all truckstop sandwiches are delicious right? ^_~

Has he eaten truck stop sandwiches at several truck stops?  If so, that would be a sample that you could pull a decent conclusion from, that truck stop sandwiches are good.  Kinda like how VGChartz pulls samples from several different places.  Not the most accurate you can be, but a general understanding of the whole.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Hawk said:

A friend of mine once ate a truckstop sandwich that was apparently delicious. From this I can conclude that all truckstop sandwiches are delicious right? ^_~

Has he eaten truck stop sandwiches at several truck stops? If so, that would be a sample that you could pull a decent conclusion from, that truck stop sandwiches are good. Kinda like how VGChartz pulls samples from several different places. Not the most accurate you can be, but a general understanding of the whole.

If you wish to prove him wrong, feel free to go to several truckstops and eat a few of their sandwiches.  =D