By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Duke Nukem Forever ingame footage!

After all this time (I remember the first screen shots when it was on the Quake 2 engine; it was side-by-side with previews of Unreal, Daikatana, Half-Life, SiN and some others in the CVG magazine), and after seeing that short bit of footage I just watched I'm still looking forward to this one if they ever get it out the door.

In the meantime, I have other things to keep me busy. :)

Around the Network

I refuse to acknowledge this game even exists.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
I refuse to acknowledge this game even exists.

but you just did by typing that?

I wonder how much money the developer lost from overhauling the game engine several times over the last decade to make it competitive with the latest games at the time.

Personally, I think it'll never be released or the developer will cave in and "rush" the product out and it'll have alot of technical issues (like S.T.A.L.K.E.R but much much worse).

Either way, I've never been a fan of duke nukem, so it's not a big issue.

Heres some more info about the Duke Nukem Forever footage, kind of 'Behind The Scenes'

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168117

It's really interesting what this guy is doing with games, this is about more Duke Nukem Forever, its about looking at games differntly in his eyes, but BOY is getting Duke Nukem Forever Footage a great start, thats a golden ticket opportunity, no one has ever done this in the 12 years Duke 4 has been developed :D

Around the Network
fazz said:
Are you effing telling me it's real? If it gets released, what will be the game we are gonna make fun for it's eternal development? It's gonna be a different world entirely lol

Spore? Killzone 2?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

fazz said:
Are you effing telling me it's real? If it gets released, what will be the game we are gonna make fun for it's eternal development? It's gonna be a different world entirely lol

We been waiting for Starcraft II just as long...

although a lot more recent game play footage has been shown...  although they say it may be completely different when it ships as they are still working out the balance...