By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima Productions: No 90 minutes cutscenes!

I'll say what I've been saying for years now.

Kojima=Hack

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Onimusha, where did you get 100 mil dev cost from?

It is 70-80 mil, isn't it??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
DMeisterJ said:
Onimusha, where did you get 100 mil dev cost from?

It is 70-80 mil, isn't it??

It was 70+ million months ago before production and marketing even began. It is safe to assume that since then the budget has probably grown to a 100 or so million.

I had heard it was 100m plus, but if it is 70-80m then I would stand corrected, but as said there's no reason to think it wouldn't have reached 100m plus. This of course is not taking into consideration production, advertising and all that jazz, which for a game that has been endlessly hyped for nearly four years, must be quite substantial. The only real question is how much of the loss is Sony taking?

Though, if its so hard to believe this game didn't cost more than GTAIV to develop then let's all share a good laugh at your expense, lol.

The cost of each individual copy is much higher than that of regular PS3 games and the launch bundle are both signs of worry on the part of Konami and Sony. Konami has frequently voiced over podcasts that they have doubts of this game succeeding as a single console game, though if they are going to keep it PS3 exclusive you can rest assured that Sony is taking a huge loss to keep this exclusive.

Bumped for clarification.

IGNs review has stated that the longest cutscene in the game clocks in around forty-five minutes.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

IGNs review has stated that the longest cutscene in the game clocks in around forty-five minutes.

They are probably not counting the ending as a cutscene from what I've read.

DMeisterJ said:

LMFAO!

My my, Is this proof that there are no cutscenes longer than 45 minutes or that IGN is yet another reviewer who can't even finish a game before giving it a review.

Isn't it funny how its unanymously confirmed by people who've actually played the game that there is a cut scene 45 minutes long right dab in the middle and another one that is about 75 minutes long at the end? Oh but what do they know, I'm sure IGN is a reputable source and would never review a game without completing it. Right?