By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima Productions: No 90 minutes cutscenes!

From kotaku:

Late last month, magazine PSW stated that upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4 has 90 minute cutscenes — which, the magazine pointed out, could be skipped. Website GamePro fired back, confirming that the game does have "occasionally lengthy" cutscenes and calling the 90 minute cutscenes "a pretty big exaggeration." Magazine EDGE offered this in its review: "The cutscenes here are sure to invoke that thousand-yard stare, two in particular coming perilously close to the 90-minute mark." But what's the official word from Kojima Productions? Metal Gear Solid 4 Assistant Producer Ryan Payton tells Kotaku that the 90 minute cutscene claim is a "gross exaggeration." I'm surprised nobody has stepped forward to debunk this rumor. There are no 90 minute cutscenes in MGS4. The ending is long, but 90 minutes is a gross exaggeration.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

So it seems like some us need to put the popcorn away, at least until the end anyway.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

How can there be so many contradicting accounts of such an objective thing? Maybe it's 80 minutes instead of 90...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I wonder if all the people who bitched about 90 minute cut scenes in previous threads will come here and apologize (especially the people who were never going to play it in the first place)?

Yea, I thought not.

So the word from Kojima Productions itself.

No ninety minute cutscenes. So everyone should cut the bullshit on this.

Around the Network

Maybe it's 89.99 minutes... Maybe it's 99.99 minutes... How hard is it to time the fucking cut scenes? I mean really?

NJ5 said:

How can there be so many contradicting accounts of such an objective thing? Maybe it's 80 minutes instead of 90...

Maybe its 30 min instead of 90. Konami says 90 mins is a gross exageration. I´d rather believe them anyday than whatever gaming magazine.

....which would be for some, a gross exaggeration and for some coming quite close to the ninty minutes mark...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Question: how many are above 15 minutes? how many above 30?

30 would already be unbearable for me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Question: how many are above 15 minutes? how many above 30?

30 would already be unbearable for me.

You could go sleep in the meantime.