By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 7 worst games of this cuurent generation

Lair, which i actually played (rent), is an average game..the story is ok, the problems come from the controls. Not a game for the worst list for sure.

SMG is not the best game this gen. I own the game and never got to finish it as i got bored pretty quick. Its a matter of opinion ofcourse, but it doesnt have the best graphics, the best physics, the best atmosphere, the best story, the best gameplay etc. Its not even the best in its category. Maybe the best the Wii has to offer but not the best overall.

As for the top 7 i pretty much agree

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
CAL4M1TY said:
The lack of lair disturbs me.

I don't think Lair was that bad

***Note: I only compare Lair and number 7 of the list since those were the only ones I played.

I actually got to play Lair back at my hometown. I'd say it was a failure to meet expectations. Hyped too much but had too many obvious flaws, yet still it had great visuals and enjoyable for only a short time(it gets old fast). Meanwhile #7 on the list was by far the most unforgivable thing I ever played on a PS3(for now). It litterally made me turn off my friend's PS3.

Then again Lair being on the list is a matter of the OP's choice.

Tsk, you left out Iron Man? For God's sake, even IGN gave the game a 3.8 on the PS3 version (not much better witha 5 on the wii). What about Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore on the PS3? Was that a quality title for you? How about History Channel: Battle for the Pacific? Turning Point: Fall of Liberty was also more junk on the PS3.

My point is not to bring down the PS3, what I'm saying is that there are probably LOTS of games you haven't even played yet (whether you actually played the ones you posted is speculation). There are a LOT of crappy games on ALL the consoles. It's just a reality of it. Only 20% of any console's library is actually worth the purchase.

As for the comment about the crap games being mostly on Wii, when you have a larger library, this is what happens. It happened to the PS2 as well. There were about 20-30% good games, and the rest you could have used as beer coasters.

What about fantastic four rise of the silver surfer? Surely that would rank very highly.

The Golden Compass (PS3/360/Wii) and Lost (PS3/360) were both real stinkers of a game. Lots of games could be compiled in an extra long list of crap games this generation scored review scores below 40%.

Around the Network

According to GameRankings 50% average review score games this generation.

360 leads the way with 30 games with average review scores below 50%.

Wii comes second with 17 games with average review scores below 50%.

PS3 has the least amount with 8 games with average review scores below 50%.

Rock_on_2008 said:
The Golden Compass (PS3/360/Wii) and Lost (PS3/360) were both real stinkers of a game. Lots of games could be compiled in an extra long list of crap games this generation scored review scores below 40%.

Lost got a pretty high scrore from Gameinformer if i recall

The Wii has the most crappy games? NEVER!

Good to see only 1 PS3 game there, with the PS3 having the number 1 game this gen.

MGS4!

I never new Ninja Bred Man and Anubus II used the same HUD

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Well, the interesting thing (to me) is that the Wii games were known to be shovelware when they were announced while I remember people who were actually excited about Bomberman Act Zero and Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire.