By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Trailer of Gears of War 2

ultraslick said:
Gears is one game that Microsoft will pay through the teeth to keep exclusive.

It is really all they have left! (IMO)

LOL. I wonder which company spent the last 2-3 years taking over and sharing previous high profile exclusives from which company.

I think sony needs to start counting what it is they have left at this point...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
ultraslick said:

LOL. I wonder which company spent the last 2-3 years taking over and sharing previous high profile exclusives from which company.

last time I checked Sony still has the largest amount of first party development resources , so there's absoloutley 0 chance of God of War 3 , GT5 and other major exclusives landing on the 360. 
Most of microsfts best exclusives aren't even developed internaly  Bioshock (which will come to the PS3) Gears Of War (GeoW 3 may even come to the PS3 if micrsoft aren't willing to spend serious cash). Microsft have spent bucketloads on securing exclusive games , wheras Sony hasn't until now. 

Imperial said:
disolitude said:
ultraslick said:

last time I checked Sony still has the largest amount of first party development resources , so there's absoloutley 0 chance of God of War 3 , GT5 and other major exclusives landing on the 360. 
Most of microsfts best exclusives aren't even developed internaly  Bioshock (which will come to the PS3) Gears Of War (GeoW 3 may even come to the PS3 if micrsoft aren't willing to spend serious cash). Microsft have spent bucketloads on securing exclusive games , wheras Sony hasn't until now. 

Sure, Sony has more franchises that they can theoretically make in to games(not buy much as for Every GT5 there is a Forza from Microsoft)...but as we've seen with recent cancelations, its not a business smart decisions to take these development costs for Sony.

Also, 3rd party development for the ps3 compared to PS2 has become comatose.

Microsoft don't have to find these internal studios as they have the biggest gaming platform in the world...and they can count on studios like Epic and Valve to streamline development for windows and then port to 360...sometimes exclusively. Therefore they have extra cash left over to secure those big games...and are not tied down to having to publish whatever game Naughty Dog wanna make this year.

Uncharted or Gears of War...which one would you publish with your money?

This is one title i admit i wouldnt mind seeing ported to the PS3

I don't know Gears doesn't tempt me at all. Mass Effects on the other hand ...

(And Halo3 yes I know I can dream )

this game suck

Around the Network

Gears 2 looks awesome

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Gears 2 the only game microsoft has left r u on crack?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

whofwhof said:
this game suck

So you made an account to make that entirely pointless comment, & that wasn't even a correct english! ( I do like your name though

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

viva la resistance