By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360 will be sold during Ninja Gaiden 2 release???

i think like 10,000 rise at the most. and that is being optimistic. its a good game but not like £200+ good

Around the Network

I wonder if their will be PS3 owners who are fan of Ninja Gaiden on PS3 who will buy a X360 for NG II.

Not that much of a difference.

Not enough hype.

I think it will probably have similar first week sales to DMC4. So I think it will sell between 250,000-300,000 copies its first week (software).

I don't think it will move much extra hardware though...maybe 10,000 in the US. You may have a few ps3 fans that buy a 360 for it if they loved Sigma...but most of the previous xbox owners that played NGBlack have already gotten 360's by now. And NG isn't a big enough system seller for them to just go out and buy a 360 all of a sudden.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Yeah, I read over this whole thread. God of War and Ninja Gaiden can't be compared at all...

Gaiden's combat system would eat god of war and shit it out before Kratos would even throw a single blade swipe.

God of war has a better presentation, story and production for those who care about that...but the core gameplay is not even in the same area code.

But that is also the downfall for NG2 when it comes to sales. Most people don't want hardcore gameplay...they like pretty cinematics, bosses the size of planets and production over gameplay. NG2 has boobies...some people like that :)

However I appreciate every ounce of NG2 and I bought it day one...

I predict 400K first week worldwide. Console boost of 20K maybe.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
ultraslick said:
I think NG2 will have the same type of effect for Microsoft as MGS will have for Sony, But on a much smaller scale.

I don't think you can get smaller than 0(well you could go negative, but I don't see a game making people hate a system). Neither game is gonna make a difference.

The first AAA exclusive for PS3 will make 0 effect on sales? The gunmetal gray preorders in japan already debunk that claim and NG 's hype was near none in comparison to MGS4's. 

Ontopic: NG 2 might bring a few more fans of the old seris back but no way it will attract new comers. The ratings were looked upon as a disappointment by most and for it to sell systems in a noticeable way that sadly disquailifes it.

@disolitude.
You know how much I appreciate your writings and your whole gaming attitude. But I think it is unfair to compare NG to GoW series. I mean, yes, they're both action, melee combat based games, but they're also so different. Yes, GoW, is more easily digested from a less hardcore or more softcore gamer audience, but, it's a great title. Easily, its the best game (the 2 of them) I played on my PS2. On the other hand, NG is the representative of the "love it or hate it" situation. And personally, after breaking the disc of the original NG on XBOX, because tranquilizers didnt do me any good, I belong in the "hate it" camp.

Aderfe elias, gia to thema sou,

I think that either way NG will achieve a number around 150-180.000 first week. 

disolitude said:
Yeah, I read over this whole thread. God of War and Ninja Gaiden can't be compared at all...

Gaiden's combat system would eat god of war and shit it out before Kratos would even throw a single blade swipe.

God of war has a better presentation, story and production for those who care about that...but the core gameplay is not even in the same area code.

But that is also the downfall for NG2 when it comes to sales. Most people don't want hardcore gameplay...they like pretty cinematics, bosses the size of planets and production over gameplay. NG2 has boobies...some people like that :)

However I appreciate every ounce of NG2 and I bought it day one...

I predict 400K first week worldwide. Console boost of 20K maybe.

Don't forget that GOW has level design, puzzle elements and platforming aspects much superior than Ninja Gaiden (and DMC). But both NG and DMC's combat makes GOW's combat look laughable, regardless, GOW's combat is pretty fun on hard or very hard mode. I pray for the day GOW can have combat as deep and rewarding as NG.... that would be THE perfect hackNslash action game.

As far as NG2 having boobies... GOW has boobies WITH nipples.. XD

darthdevidem01 said:
@JaggedSac

I'm a person who needs motivation and a point to the actions in games....NG had no story, no character development THAT made it boring!

No offense but I don't buy that, since you liked Super Mario Galaxy, another game with an irrelevant story. Sounds to me like you just don't like this genre enough, if you need a story to appreciate the game.

PS: As JaggedSac said, by "no spoilers please" I meant the bosses, enemies and stuff like that, not just the story. It's not as fun when you get into each fight and say "oh, I remember reading about this one".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a niche game for the 360 it will have little affect on hardware sales.