By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buying another PS3, need help.

d21lewis said:
Twes, he says he can sell the used 60 gig for more money than a NEW 80 gig with all the trimmings. If it's do-able, then it's a no brainer!

Right, I would love to see a place that would give you that kind of deal. 

If that's the case, that sounds like the situation where CaptainPreferences was going to get a 360 and like 20 games for $100 because it was actually a modded 360 and all the games were pirated.

In the real world I doubt you would every be able to legitimately be able to get a NEW MGS 80gig bundle for a used 60 gig unless the person selling you the new MGS bundle is an absolute moron.

Around the Network

He will save some money on power consumption. That does add up.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

ecurbj said:
I think that decision is rather strange. You are scared if the PS3 breaks you are not covered under warranty?!?

I mean if you took care of your PS3 this long ass time what makes you think something WILL happen to it now. If your 60GB PS3 is still running and still playing the PS3 games then why trade or exchange it to a 80GB. I mean you said you don't care for PS2 games (BC on the PS3). So thats clearly understandable but just for a warranty.

You my friend fail considerably hard :(

If you are going to exchange anyway. Yes you can keep your existing PSN ID. Just make sure you remember the login information (email address and password for that PSN ID).

I am not scared of it breaking, however even though the 60gig are built solidly I still think the newer sku's have better chips and currently on amazon, the 60gigs are selling for more than $500. So I get to keep my whole game collection plus get MGS4 and a new 80gig model with DS3. So it's not only for the warranty, and Harddrive size doesn't matter cos I currently have a 250gig in my 60gig, I'll swap it out when I decide to sell though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009VXAM0?ie=UTF8&shipPromoFilter=0&startIndex=0&sort=sip&me=&condition=used

PSN - Kratos0518

You'll be able to get the cost back by selling your 60GB on ebay but it seems like a lot of trouble to go through.

Yeah, people pay like 450 for used 60GB ones. 500 if you really wait... so you'd get your money back.

Seems like a waste of time though.

Around the Network

Well, if you find someone dumb enough to buy your 60gig for that price but I honestly do not see how any person would buy that when other PS3 that are bigger are still in stock.

Any idea how long those used and new ones for $800 (!!) have been up there? I'm guessing a long time since you can find them EVERYWHERE for cheaper. People are stupid but when there's the chance they can find something cheaper they are usually willing to look.

twesterm said:
Well, if you find someone dumb enough to buy your 60gig for that price but I honestly do not see how any person would buy that when other PS3 that are bigger are still in stock.

Any idea how long those used and new ones for $800 (!!) have been up there? I'm guessing a long time since you can find them EVERYWHERE for cheaper. People are stupid but when there's the chance they can find something cheaper they are usually willing to look.

You don't seem to understand the draw of the 60gb, do you? It is fully PS2 backwards compatible and has a bunch of features the other models do not. Further, it is no longer made. It is a premium product, and commands high prices for a reason.

As for advice: It's a hassle, but I can see why you'd want to do it. Personally, I wouldn't, because I'm lazy, but I still think it's a good idea.