By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much negative attitude this gen ?

greenmedic88 said:
The Wii is more capable than the GC, which IMO, had the best visuals of the last generation in terms of lighting and shading. I'll subjectively say Xbox had cleaner graphics (only taking the best of breed on both systems), but then I never played the system extensively.

But that really doesn't matter to me because the absolute best graphics capable on the Wii, despite being better than the GC, will never even approach the best on the PS3/360.

That's not why I bought one, and it's certainly not why I ever use it. Unless something completely off the radar is brought to my attention at E3, about the only thing the Wii will be used for through 2008 is Wii Fit. And that's no exaggeration.

The absolute best compliment I could ever give to the visuals of a Wii game, now or for the duration of its life cycle, will be "That looks very impressive... for the Wii."

Agreed, but many games could be ported to the wii with a fair amount of downgrades. Some 1st gen games could be ported to the wii with no downgrades at all other than resolutions and maybe framerate. Developers just don't feel like doing the work. If the gamecube and xbox were pushed to their limits in more games you would say the same thing for the ps2. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

Add up all the signatures from the five games that you've posted, and they don't even have half the number of signatures for RE5 for Wii petition.

The MH3 and Fatle Frame ones don't even have 200 between them.

RE5 http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?WiiRes5

Bionic Commando http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?0819

MH3 + Fatal Frame + FFVII (PSP, PS2, PS3) < Bionic Commando < RE5

And the Final Fantasy ones are for wanting a sequel of a game, not a game on a platform, so they should be discounted, but even with them there, it still proves my point.

Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their system.

Race Driver should be on the Wii. Is there a petition for it?

lol!

@ LordoftheKnight

Okay, I suppose you could resort to name-calling since your point was debased...

If number of signers didn't matter, why did you even post the petitions then?

Why should the number of signers matter? You didn't ask for the numbers of signers. You don't just add a qualifier after the fact to negate something. You only asked if I'd seen any HD console owners ask for certain games. The word "any" in this case literally means any number greater than 0. The number was greater than 0, so I proved you wrong, and you just twisted the question to ignore that.

Furthermore, you are still ignoring that Wii owners are asking for more big budget games because there are more big budget games that the Wii isn't getting. Pretending the Wii owners are just being irrational is what makes you a basher.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's official. djmeiester is a Wii basher. The number of signers doesn't prove Wii owners want every game. He's just twisting facts.

Not to sound rude, but everyone who visits this forum frequently already knew this since quite some time. Heck, once he even insisted that people aren't buying the Wii to play games, he said that they buy it just because it's the popular thing to do. Hehe.

Sarcasm?

Did I really say that?

Must have been during my bad days

But I'm not a Wii basher!  I have nothing against Nintendo and the Wii, they've revolutionized the gaming industry as we know it. 

But I have something against people who act like the Wii is the second-coming of christ, that every game needs to be on that system, and all other systems suck.  

RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's official. djmeiester is a Wii basher. The number of signers doesn't prove Wii owners want every game. He's just twisting facts.

Not to sound rude, but everyone who visits this forum frequently already knew this since quite some time. Heck, once he even insisted that people aren't buying the Wii to play games, he said that they buy it just because it's the popular thing to do. Hehe.

Well I didn't see that, so it's official to me.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

@DMeisterJ At least wii fans only ask for games to be shared. Ps3 fans complain when games go multiplat and demand it to be an exclusive just to spite 360 fanboys. The same thing could be said for 360 fanboys. And if wii fans make petitions for 1 or 2 games that=all ps360 games? Not to mention that most ps360 fans just bitch about graphics when the wii gets a game they want. Wii fans try to do something about it by petitions, even though it may not work.OH and wii fans  want more support because they aren't getting any. Ps360 fans are getting alot of support and are too content with it to really ask for games.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

Add up all the signatures from the five games that you've posted, and they don't even have half the number of signatures for RE5 for Wii petition.

The MH3 and Fatle Frame ones don't even have 200 between them.

RE5 http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?WiiRes5

Bionic Commando http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?0819

MH3 + Fatal Frame + FFVII (PSP, PS2, PS3) < Bionic Commando < RE5

And the Final Fantasy ones are for wanting a sequel of a game, not a game on a platform, so they should be discounted, but even with them there, it still proves my point.

Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their system.

Race Driver should be on the Wii. Is there a petition for it?

lol!

@ LordoftheKnight

Okay, I suppose you could resort to name-calling since your point was debased...

If number of signers didn't matter, why did you even post the petitions then?

Why should the number of signers matter? You didn't ask for the numbers of signers. You don't just add a qualifier after the fact to negate something. You only asked if I'd seen any HD console owners ask for certain games. The word "any" in this case literally means any number greater than 0. The number was greater than 0, so I proved you wrong, and you just twisted the question to ignore that.

Furthermore, you are still ignoring that Wii owners are asking for more big budget games because there are more big budget games that the Wii isn't getting. Pretending the Wii owners are just being irrational is what makes you a basher.

Wii owners irrational?  Whenever did I say that?

I made a blanket statement that holds some truth to it, that's all I've done.  I didn't say that it was irrational to think that every game should be on the Wii, but I said that's what most Wii owners think.  Again, I'm not a Wii Basher.  I think Ninty has done a fine job with the Wii, and I give the massive props for it, they've revolutionized the industry.

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Sarcasm?

Did I really say that?

But I'm not a Wii basher! I have nothing against Nintendo and the Wii, they've revolutionized the gaming industry as we know it.

But I have something against people who act like the Wii is the second-coming of christ, that every game needs to be on that system, and all other systems suck.

LordTheNightKnight isn't one of these people though which you should have noticed by now, so there's nothing preventing you from having a good debate with him.

I'll try to find the thread in which you claimed that nonsense. 

I know LTK isn't one of those peole, I was making a blanket statement.

DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Sarcasm?

Did I really say that?

But I'm not a Wii basher! I have nothing against Nintendo and the Wii, they've revolutionized the gaming industry as we know it.

Okay, assuming you aren't a basher, why are you pretending that kind of attitude is exclusive to Wii fanboys, and worse, act as though it's a significant fraction of them? Don't you realize you just described extreme fanboyism, which applies to ANY SYSTEM?

As for the Wii owners asking for games, it's the fact that they are getting VERY FEW BIG BUDGET GAMES. What part of that don't you understand? If they had even an appreciable FRATCTION of what the HD systems had, they wouldn't be asking for so much, because they would be GETTING them.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
@greenmedic88, but the dominant platform in sales and development are always one and the same, and hardware power has never had anything to do with it. For example: PS2, PS1, DS.

For consoles, there has always been a rough parity in terms of processing power and graphical capability. If the Wii is supposed to be the default development platform (which it is not), one of two things will happen. Either all console games will be simplified in keeping with the lowest common denominator for the purpose of ports, or the Wii will have to magically grow a CPU/GPU capable of achieving parity with the PS3/360. 

How many PS3/360 ports of Wii games have we seen this generation? No significant ones come to mind.

What platform are most of the big cross platform releases also (or originally) developed for? The PC. 

Current PC games beyond the Sims (the kind that require a decent CPU/GPU and at least 1GB of memory) just aren't going to start appearing on the Wii in an unmolested/cut down form.

MS Studio and SCE studio games aren't going to show up on the Wii. Is any PS3/360 owner going to buy a Wii port in this hypothetical leading development platform future over any of these games? 

This will be the first generation where the top selling console is not home to the most technically advanced games. "But I don't care about that!" you say? That's probably why you only game on the Wii. You're clearly not the only one. 

Most are aware that the game selection for the PSP and the DS are entirely different, so there isn't a lead development platform unless you just want to look at the number of titles being made. It hardly needs to be said that you couldn't pay me to play the vast majority of DS titles. 

Heres an example of a fan bitching because monster hunter is going to the wii http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=20367.