By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much negative attitude this gen ?

When Nintendo took the blood out of Mortal Kombat on the SNES, they hurt their image horribly in the eyes of whiny hardcore fanboys, but they really took one for the team and helped save the industry. Because when that trial went to Congress, Nintendo was the only one who could say "Hey look, we took the blood out, all games don't have to have blood and gore everywhere." It helped shut Congress the fuck up so the industry could start the ESRB and govern itself without unconstitutional government interference.

So if you're still whining about that, go back to 1994 and play Night Trap and then live in an alternate history without M-rated games at all, suckers!!!

Around the Network

Last gen almost everyone had a PS2 and almost all the games were on it. This gen almost everyone has a Wii and almost non of the games are on it.

Words Of Wisdom said:

People forget pretty quick what it was like back in the SNES/Genesis generation... the N64/PS1 generation...

There was a lot of hostility out there. It may be because you were too young to remember the fierce rivalries that were out there. One of the biggest arguing points was the difference between the SNES and Genesis Mortal Kombat (kudos to those who remember). It wasn't just between fans either. There was plenty of malice on the part of the console manufacturers as well.

This generation is no more hostile than any other ones; it's just that some people are now old enough to see it and the internet allows information to be exchanged much quicker.

It´s been like that since the Nintendo versus Sega started in the 80´s

The days of Vectrex was so much calmer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectrex  

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

The Gamecube and the N64 were in the pretty much the same situation regarding third party support as the Wii is now. Only difference is the Wii is in first place.

@OP

It's because Wii is a fad.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
ferret1603 said:
Last gen almost everyone had a PS2 and almost all the games were on it. This gen almost everyone has a Wii and almost non of the games are on it.

Not really.

This gen is pretty evenly split between PS360 and Wii.

Even though PS360 has a larger marketshare, Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their console.

Because this generation of consoles is so much more amazing than any other generation seen ^^ Every console has some AMAZING edge over it's competition and owning one of the 3 no longer feels similar to a different console experience.

The Wii is the obvious man out in that it's got a completely different control scheme, some like, some don't. Theres plenty to like or dislike here ^^ much fuel for flames! Also note on Nintendo's folly (in my opinion), they didn't include enough power to edge them into the range of easy ports for the other systems :P So in terms of who gets what games, the Wii will not be sharing many titles from the 360/PS3/PC market, and vice versa with the motion controlled games.

The 360 is pushing it's damned hardest to offer the most competent online experience, bringing you a "state of the art" network of online play and content. Multiplayer for consoles has never been better.

Then you've got Sony's megaton of a feature packed console, featuring technology up the wazu, from it's well build construction, a build in blu-ray player, HDMI 1.3 standard feature, wifi out of the box, outstanding media playback and built in hard drive, you pretty much have your main multimedia device :P

This generation is leaps and bounds more interesting than any other generation before from a hardware perspective and because of such diversity there is so much room for distaste and hatred :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Shameless said:
The Gamecube and the N64 were in the pretty much the same situation regarding third party support as the Wii is now. Only difference is the Wii is in first place.

Thats exactly the problem. Wii owners now think because their console is selling that every single developer MUST put all of its resources into the console.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@DJM

I'm happy you agree, they do deserve every abomination.

It would be cool if these Wii owners could get a port of Assassins Creed so they could stop wanting HD type games and realize 3rd parties don't know what the heck they are doing on any platform.

Or just port The Club, either one will drive the point across.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

DMeisterJ said:
ferret1603 said:

Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their console.

We do? That's news to me. I've no interest whatsoever in most games that get released, be they on PS3, Xbox 360, PC, or even Wii.