By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much negative attitude this gen ?

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
ferret1603 said:
DMeisterJ said:
ferret1603 said:
Last gen almost everyone had a PS2 and almost all the games were on it. This gen almost everyone has a Wii and almost non of the games are on it.

Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their console.

We do? That's news to me. I've no interest whatsoever in most games that get released, be they on PS3, Xbox 360, PC, or even Wii.

The Bionic Command Petiton, RE5 petition, and countless others say otherwise.

Are there petitions for every game, or just a few games? Those only prove a few games, not every game. 

There's more, smaller ones, but my post was to only prove a point.

You don't see PS360 owners petitioning for games on their system, so like I said, Wii owners feel like every game needs to be on their system.

There is actually one petition that i am REALLY REALLY hoping but probably never happen. Monster Hunter 3 for ps3....Im so ticked off about that still....

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

oh i just read the first page >.> i guess MH3 was already brought up

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:
oh i just read the first page >.> i guess MH3 was already brought up

Look at it this way, the PSP or PSP2 has the portable version clinched. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

spdk1 said:
Suda 51 must have felt it was some success as they had a champagne party after the US sales came in....

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famitsu.com%2Fgame%2Fnews%2F1213638_1124.html

Hell yeah.  Horrible translation.  It kept going back and forth between "400 thousand" and "40 million."

No More Heroes was definitely a HUGE success because everybody on the internet is fighting about whether it was a success or not.  Now people know who Goichi Suda is.  Now he's working on Fatal Frame IV for the Wii.  Nobody knew about Killer7 on the GameCube.  You know waht this means???  It means 3rd party mature titles are selling better on the Wii than on the GameCube!!!

NMH is just a more accessible title than Killer 7. Conventional controls, sandbox free roam format, a fairly straight forward plot with only a couple twists at the end, etc. It's straightforward fun for geared for the hardcore gaming audience.

Killer 7 had a great concept from a plot point and protagonist concept, but the user interface, while different, was restrictive to the point where it interfered with the flow of the game. Platform wasn't the issue (mature title on GC) since it didn't do so well on the PS2 either.

I'd prefer to see Suda work on his own IPs, but if FFIV does well, I'm sure his next project will be an all new original title that I will be looking forward to playing.

Around the Network

Man, and people call the PS3 owners sensitive whiners. After reading this thread I think the Wii owners have definitely stolen that title.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I blame the Internet forums, the fact that this generation is more even than last gen was, increased marketing efforts and the iRack.

This is invisible text!

akuma587 said:
Man, and people call the PS3 owners sensitive whiners. After reading this thread I think the Wii owners have definitely stolen that title.

Based on what? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs