By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 the most controversial reviews in the world.

Profcrab said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
MGS 4 deserves perfect scores across the board. It is a shame that it will not happen. An 8 out of 10 from Edge put an end to MGS 4 of getting the highest review score average of all time. :(

So how long did it take you to complete it?

I give that post a 9.1.

I've been noticing that your scores are always above 9. I'm sure it's not a coincidence given the reviews in this gen ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Profcrab said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
MGS 4 deserves perfect scores across the board. It is a shame that it will not happen. An 8 out of 10 from Edge put an end to MGS 4 of getting the highest review score average of all time. :(

So how long did it take you to complete it?

I give that post a 9.1.

I've been noticing that your scores are always above 9. I'm sure it's not a coincidence given the reviews in this gen ;)

I give that post a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:

I give that post a 9.7.

Only a 7 9.7? :(

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Profcrab said:

I give that post a 9.7.

Only a 7 9.7? :(

i think a gif would have brought it to 0.3

kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

damn those people from edge and their ability to think for themselves and bring an objective and balanced review of a game rather that succumbing to fan power and the sheep mentality

Every game on PS3 deserves a minimum of 9 out of 10. Most PS3 games deserve perfect scores- 10 out of 10.

Reviewers should not think for themselves they are supposed to help sell games by giving high review scores for console exclusive games.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

lol,,edge is not included in meta critics or game rankings

Rock_on_2008 said:

That's why the gaming press is so screwy...  People wanting perfect scores instead of having games earn them.

How do you know the game is so perfect? It looks great from the press info to date but that is only hype...  Let's see and play the game and then rate it for what it is...  Not what we want it to be.

Edge is very critical.  8/10 from Edge is not bad at all.  Bioshock got 8/10 and it turned out to be one of the best titles last year.  I don't necessarily agree with Edge but at least they post what they think rather then being bought through advertising to give a good score.

Rock_on_2008 said:
kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

damn those people from edge and their ability to think for themselves and bring an objective and balanced review of a game rather that succumbing to fan power and the sheep mentality

Every game on PS3 deserves a minimum of 9 out of 10. Most PS3 games deserve perfect scores- 10 out of 10.

Reviewers should not think for themselves they are supposed to help sell games by giving high review scores for console exclusive games.

Mine goes to 11!

I give that post a 9.9.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Mine goes to 11!

I give that post a 9.9.

whenever I read your posts ,for some reason it cracks me up with your reviewing system,,,,awesome man keep it up

MGS 4 deserves a 17 out of 10. Yes 170%. Buy two copies of MGS 4 it is that good. Buy both MGS 4 Limited edition and standard editions. Some people I know bought all three versions of Halo 3 because they are dedicated 360 fans.