By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - High-Def Video Programming on PS3 from this Thursday

Borkachev said:
Why are we paying to watch ads?

It isnt just ads, there are excusive developer interviews, beta keys given out, demos before they are supposed to be out (sad Kilzone 2 demo a month or two before release), and more. It realy isnt that bad. And really its not $36 like everyone is saying for 13 episodes, its $24.99.

The service is called Qore.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Sounds like Sony needs extra revenue.  If they can pull this off, good for them (SONY advert dept at least).  In any case I prefer the net and Inside Xbox for free news and clips.

halogamer1989 said:
Sounds like Sony needs extra revenue.  If they can pull this off, good for them (SONY advert dept at least).  In any case I prefer the net and Inside Xbox for free news and clips.

Oh they will still have free news, demos, and everything else. Just consider this a premium service. 

Basically for FREE you can play online with friends, chat, do everything now.

For 2.99 or 24.99 you can bonus content and stuff. 

So really no one can say they are trying to copy off XBL's Silver/Gold account crap as Sony will never not allow a gamer to play online with or without Qore.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

halogamer1989 said:
Sounds like Sony needs extra revenue. If they can pull this off, good for them (SONY advert dept at least). In any case I prefer the net and Inside Xbox for free news and clips.

But you still have to fork over 50$ to play XBL online annually, PSN will remain free but this will take it a step further to enhance the online capabilites of the PS3 + upcoming release of Home will make the service even more enjoyable.

halogamer1989 said:
Sounds like Sony needs extra revenue. If they can pull this off, good for them (SONY advert dept at least). In any case I prefer the net and Inside Xbox for free news and clips.

you do know xbox live cost £40 a year, while PSN is Free forever.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
lol, so they've managed to find a way to get people to buy commercials. Now that is funny.

Better than paying for online gameplay.  Easier to just say no.  Harder to hate the company for instituting the scheme.

PS360ForTheWin said:
halogamer1989 said:

you do know xbox live cost £40 a year, while PSN is Free forever.

I'm not refering to the XBL service and the cost thereof, just the free "Inside Xbox" feature available on Silver and Gold accts. alike.  Basically that is what's at the core of Qore is it not?