By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Itagaki quits and sues Tecmo

Do i hear new Developer Co. created? OR creative mind up for grabs?

"Like you know"

Around the Network

Pretty stupid of Tecmo's president if they had a binding agreement over the bonus. I guess we'll see how the legal side of that goes. I'm not a DoA fan but I'm curious what will happen to NG. I don't care if it's multiplatform or not, only that future games are good.

I give this thread a 9.8.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

LordTheNightKnight said:
It is a sad day for exaggerated breast physics.

LoL

LordTheNightKnight said:
It is a sad day for exaggerated breast physics.

I give that post a 10.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Itagaki's kids want a Wii game (it's old, bu..)
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/02/itagakis-kids-want-a-wii-game/

I think a better chance he will be moving to work on Wii games than PS3 games, or even more 360 games...

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
itagaki left so people think NG2 has a chance of a port, but you do realise an exclusive deal was made. It says it's exclusive on the box, Bioshock on the other hand didn't.

I would like to see him run his own Microsoft funded studio in Japan.

Bioshock said "only on xbox 360 and windows"

Lost planet said "Only on 360"

Eternal sonata said "Only on 360"

See a trend? Both ace combat 6 and mass effect are rumored to go to the ps3 as well. The wrd exclusive means nothing this generation. 

NJ5 said:
I'm not so sure about Itagaki ending up at Microsoft... I heard he doesn't speak English at all.

Maybe he could work at a studio in Japan, but Microsoft recently said they're not focusing so much on Japan anymore. If they want to do something in Japan, this could be it though.

You realize that even though he speaks Japanese, his games play perfectly fine in English, right? I don't see why him speaking Enlglish or not would matter. Miyamoto doesn't speak very much English, but that didn't stop him from working with Silicon Knights or Retro.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at MS. But I do kind of expect him to start up his own studio. Not sure how profitable it will be, unless he gets a deals between his studio and MS and they bury him in cash.

Maybe he'll put his money where his mouth is and finally make Pikmin 3.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I think if he starts his own studios it'll be Nintendo franchises due to cost difference personally - at least the first titles will be, probably with a few Wii Ware games to fund it just like High Voltage are doing right now.

Foshoryuken said:
epsilon72 said:
BCNR34 said:
lawl, poor 360.
Why? He likes the 360 and will most likely continue to make games for MS.

He'll just have to invent another franchise to put his scantily clad women in.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will pick him up asap. They got the funds, he's got the mind.

Agreed. Itagaki would be a brilliant addition for MS. Between him and Sakaguchi, MS might actually move more than 1 million consoles in Japan some day.

Or maybe not. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

quigontcb said:
NJ5 said:
I'm not so sure about Itagaki ending up at Microsoft... I heard he doesn't speak English at all.

Maybe he could work at a studio in Japan, but Microsoft recently said they're not focusing so much on Japan anymore. If they want to do something in Japan, this could be it though.

You realize that even though he speaks Japanese, his games play perfectly fine in English, right? I don't see why him speaking Enlglish or not would matter. Miyamoto doesn't speak very much English, but that didn't stop him from working with Silicon Knights or Retro.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at MS. But I do kind of expect him to start up his own studio. Not sure how profitable it will be, unless he gets a deals between his studio and MS and they bury him in cash.

Maybe he'll put his money where his mouth is and finally make Pikmin 3.

Of course his games are fine in English. As far as I'm concerned it would be great if he worked for Microsoft, just not at some existing Microsoft studio. If he could steal some members of Team Ninja from Tecmo, he could make a great studio.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957