By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Itagaki quits and sues Tecmo

Doktor85 said:
Ninja Gaiden had no competition on Xbox. Hack 'n Slash fans had chosen for PS2 last generation. Ninja Gaiden was unproven on Xbox and proven on PS3.

Tecmo/Team Ninja decided to sail with Microsoft. They were making games that the Xbox didn't had. There was almost no competition for DOA and Ninja Gaiden. Competition was exclusive to PS2.

This generation the competition went multiplatform.
If itagaki games are Microsoft exclusive they will sell less, compared to his games being Sony exclusive. If a third party funds his projects he will sell the most. However it all depends on the conditions that will be offered. But looking at his past projects PS3 suits the best.

It's a big loss for Microsoft, it's likely they will offer the best conditions. And Itagaki can have his revenge on Tecmo and go head tot head with is old IP's DOA and Ninja Gaiden.

what on earth are you on about? 

How was Ninja Gaiden proven on PS3, it was outdated and a port of an Xbox original game. 

I'm sorry, NG was very much proven on Xbox. 

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
itagaki left so people think NG2 has a chance of a port, but you do realise an exclusive deal was made. It says it's exclusive on the box, Bioshock on the other hand didn't.

I would like to see him run his own Microsoft funded studio in Japan.

I wish Itagaki made games exclusive to the PS3 and worked for a Sony studio in Japan. Itagaki is a Sony man.

now that was unexpected @_@

ToastyJaguar said:
itagaki left so people think NG2 has a chance of a port, but you do realise an exclusive deal was made. It says it's exclusive on the box, Bioshock on the other hand didn't.

I would like to see him run his own Microsoft funded studio in Japan.

Bioshock was also on the PC. Also, remember games like MGS2?

I just want it to happen so that I won't have to buy a 360 down the road just to play this game.

@Rock_on_2008: No....Itagaki at the moment is a Microsoft man. 

Ok, I just thought I would check what all the fuss is about for Dead or Alive 4, and what awsome graphics I am missing having a the wi as my only next gen console.

WFF? This is a 360 game? Is this right, or did IGN get their pictures mixed up?

Around the Network
Bobbuffalo said:

actually i wasn't very surprised.

He has been very outgoing in his dislike of other Japanese devs and he wasn't exactly pleased by Ninja Gaiden Sigma. 

ToastyJaguar said:
Doktor85 said:
Ninja Gaiden had no competition on Xbox. Hack 'n Slash fans had chosen for PS2 last generation. Ninja Gaiden was unproven on Xbox and proven on PS3.

Tecmo/Team Ninja decided to sail with Microsoft. They were making games that the Xbox didn't had. There was almost no competition for DOA and Ninja Gaiden. Competition was exclusive to PS2.

This generation the competition went multiplatform.
If itagaki games are Microsoft exclusive they will sell less, compared to his games being Sony exclusive. If a third party funds his projects he will sell the most. However it all depends on the conditions that will be offered. But looking at his past projects PS3 suits the best.

It's a big loss for Microsoft, it's likely they will offer the best conditions. And Itagaki can have his revenge on Tecmo and go head tot head with is old IP's DOA and Ninja Gaiden.

what on earth are you on about?

How was Ninja Gaiden proven on PS3, it was outdated and a port of an Xbox original game.

I'm sorry, NG was very much proven on Xbox.

When Ninja Gaiden was released on Xbox it was unproven. Simply because nobody knew what the game was about. PS3 version was proven because it's a port of a proven xboxgame (by that time).

ToastyJaguar said:
Bobbuffalo said:

actually i wasn't very surprised.

He has been very outgoing in his dislike of other Japanese devs and he wasn't exactly pleased by Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

After reading about this new development, it doesn't surprise me that much that he wasn't happy about Sigma... It seems that he's been having problems at Tecmo for quite some time, which could explain his bitterness towards some of his coworkers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I expect that Itagaki will land with Microsoft in some way. He really likes Microsoft...

As for multi-platforming the NGII, I wouldn't doubt if that was another part of the decision to leave Tecmo... I would expect to see it on PS3 next year.

Expect both DoA and NG series to go downhill. Itagaki is a loose cannon but he really sets the quality bar high. Whatever he starts next will be sucessful and his team will follow him. He is a cult leader.

I'm not so sure about Itagaki ending up at Microsoft... I heard he doesn't speak English at all.

Maybe he could work at a studio in Japan, but Microsoft recently said they're not focusing so much on Japan anymore. If they want to do something in Japan, this could be it though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957