By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 not so HD 585p

NG2 rocks balls off.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
NG2 rocks balls off.

The blood and gore are delicious.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I just played the demo and they game is great save one thing: the camera! Surely they were aware when they released it assuming they had any kind of playtesting/focus groups. Man, they need to release a patch to work the camera angles a bit... perhaps lift it up a little or something. I'm not buying it for that very reason. I'd LOVE to play it but I got very frustrated with the camera in the demo. Otherwise it is a 9+ out of 10 game of pure awesomeness.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

i brought the game yesterday, it looks very good.

Why is this thread still here?

Just how HD is MGS4 for example?

ToastyJaguar said:
i brought the game yesterday, it looks very good.

Why is this thread still here?

Just how HD is MGS4 for example?

Straight from beyond3d. (this is offtopic so if you want to discuss MGS4 please create a new thread)

1024x768 confirmed of course and temporal AAx2 (i think intelligent temporal AA , they desactived temporal AA when there are camera movement or quickly player movement for avoid remanence effect)
30fps but some moment at 60fps

According to Quaz51, It's HD but it runs mostly at 30 fps. Both games use 2xAA. This means NG2 is actually rendering ~66% more pixels-per-second than MGS4 (39.3 million vs 23.5 million).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

There's an option to adjust the camera.

The game has some issue but the sheer fun of this game way outweight the occasional frame drop and "camera" issue.

Anyway, I have more fun with this game than DMC4 and I love DMC4.

By the way, I was browsing around Beyond3d again, and found it's actually not true that Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) renders at 1080p. According to their thread, it renders at 1280x720.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

mysticD said:

The game has some issue but the sheer fun of this game way outweight the occasional frame drop and "camera" issue.

Is there an additonal set of options for camera control over the ones in the demo?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

mysticD said:

Having just played the demos for both I'd say NG2 looks and plays better than DMC4 and that it's just more fun than DMC4.  DMC4 seemed fine, though.  But, damnit, NINJAS!

I had a blast with the demo. I just got to wait for some cash flow then I'll have my NG2. The controls are much tighter and even more playable.