By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

I agree fully. atleast they tried to put out a game on the wii. THere are still tons of devlopers that haven't put a game on the wii yet. but they get not haterade.I can understand not liking a dev for not making games on your system of choice but to now get picky on the ones that they get even if its crap. All they gotta do is not buy what they consider crap. its still funny to me that red steel got 1 million sales, while NoMoreHeros despite being niche was treated like a step child in sales. Both new Ip's and both had similar marketing (gaming mags) yet the lower generall reviewed game sold so much more

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
Wii owners sure are a whiny bunch. So what if Ubi doesn't have any games for your console? Why do people care so damned much? Is there some sort of legal obligation forcing all developers to make games for the Wii that I'm missing here?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7839&Itemid=2

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

So the CEO is a lying douchebag? That's your complaint?

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

This probably isn't the case...  but there is a chance that they are under contract to not announce much until after E3.  Nintendo doesn't like to have too many games announced way in advance, so many of the good ones we know about are because they are multi-platform.

I'll wait to see what E3 brings us before agreeing that they lie.

grimygunz said:
rocketpig said:

I agree fully. atleast they tried to put out a game on the wii. THere are still tons of devlopers that haven't put a game on the wii yet. but they get not haterade.I can understand not liking a dev for not making games on your system of choice but to now get picky on the ones that they get even if its crap. All they gotta do is not buy what they consider crap. its still funny to me that red steel got 1 million sales, while NoMoreHeros despite being niche was treated like a step child in sales. Both new Ip's and both had similar marketing (gaming mags) yet the lower generall reviewed game sold so much more

Red Stell received much more marketing, including TV spots.

rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

Then don't release ANY games if you don't care about supporting the console with good games.

If that's your barometer for liking or disliking a company, your list of boycotted companies must be about two miles long.

No most developers that don't want to support the wii come out and say it. Ubisoft lies and then says it ok you get this game. Not to mention that ubisoft was the first to support the wii and made two decent games for it and a good port. Now they ignore it and release shovelware?

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them. 

And you could say the same for sony and microsoft fanboys. Sony fanboys complained about capcom, and even made a petition to have dmc4 an exclusive. I'm sure microsoft fanboys have something, but they get the most support so I don't really expect them to complain.

sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

its a buisness, whatever brings in money, quit complaining wii owners.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:

I can understand disappointment. I can even understand a bit of complaining.

But a boycott on a company that isn't making games for your system? Exactly WTF are people boycotting here? Air? Empty DVD cases?

That's just cork-on-the-fork stupid, man.

Ubisoft is making Wii games. Take a look at the trailers.

Is that the kind of support the market leading system deserves from one of the major multiplatform publishers in the world?

The Wii doesn't "deserve" a damned thing. If Ubi thinks it can make more money by catering to Sony and MS, more power to them.

Do I think it will work? No. Do I care? Not really. Do I spend my days kicking and screaming over this "injustice" to the Wii? Fuck no.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

segajon said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

its a buisness, whatever brings in money, quit complaining wii owners.
The only game that sold more than red steel on the ps3 was assasins creed. It  sold almost 3 times more , but also had three times the budget. That's about the same amount.

rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:

I can understand disappointment. I can even understand a bit of complaining.

But a boycott on a company that isn't making games for your system? Exactly WTF are people boycotting here? Air? Empty DVD cases?

That's just cork-on-the-fork stupid, man.

Ubisoft is making Wii games. Take a look at the trailers.

Is that the kind of support the market leading system deserves from one of the major multiplatform publishers in the world?

The Wii doesn't "deserve" a damned thing. If Ubi thinks it can make more money by catering to Sony and MS, more power to them.

Do I think it will work? No. Do I care? Not really. Do I spend my days kicking and screaming over this "injustice" to the Wii? Fuck no.

If they feel that way then they shouldn't release any wii games.

sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

And you could say the same for sony and microsoft fanboys. Sony fanboys complained about capcom, and even made a petition to have dmc4 an exclusive. I'm sure microsoft fanboys have something, but they get the most support so I don't really expect them to complain.

So you're voluntarily lumping yourself in with morons.

Right on. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

You guys are blowing this ubisoft deal entirely out of proportion.
Yes they broke some promises, yes most of their wii games suck(rrr is awesome).
But all the boycott threads and ubisoft complaint threads are annoying.
Im not sayin you should be pleased with what they are doing but you guys are acting like children.