By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

RolStoppable said:
rocketpig said:

You're going to boycott a company for not producing good games even if they produce good games.

Did I forget my medication this morning or is this board always this fucking crazy?

You don't get to read a lot of the threads DMeisterJ is involved in, huh?

As for Ubisoft and good games: Um, one per generation? 

LOL.

He musn't.

I must say it's sad to see this thread turn into the same thread over and over again.  

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
I have an idea....why don't Wii owners stop buying these crap games in droves, and maybe they'll stop making them

Wii owners aren't buying it. Look at the sales of red steel compared to pets http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/reply.php?thread=28367&quote=827624.

On the question of good wii ubigames...

I would put Prince of Persia above Redsteel (which is semi-good, but flawed) and don't forget No More Heroes. Not sure about any of the other hardcore wii games from ubi for the wii, but most of the others have poor reviews.

The Raving Rabbids games are good for casual games.

I think that's about "it" for good wii games from ubisoft.

joora said:
ItsaMii said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

I agree. It is almost as pathectic as those user complaining about Fallout 3. The industry does not have to cater to their tastes.

It doesn't have to. But the users don't have to like it. And they can express their opinion. There were far more childlish and pointless things going on these forums than this Ubisoft upset.

As for Fallout 3 - they can make the game however they like, but so far the Fallout part is only regarding the setting, not the game phylosophy. I hope i'm wrong tho.

That was sarcasm dude. I was just trying to show how much of a hypocrite rocketpig was for posting that. Everyone can go berserk over crappy games or changing the focus on your favorite franchise.

The problem is that rocketpig attitude was really poor. Basically he is whining about nintendo fanboys whining. And now he is bumping threads that he wish no one made in the first place. That kind of hipocrisy really piss me off.

It is like when 2 opposing groups are discussing an important matter - feminists and christians on abortion, for example - and someone from a 3rd party enter it just to say how stupid the discussion itself is. It is not that hard to make a valid counter argument against the Ubisoft boycott. Calling the everyone supporting it a bunch of childish fanboys won`t make this thread shorter or more user friendly.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

jlauro said:
On the question of good wii ubigames...

I would put Prince of Persia above Redsteel (which is semi-good, but flawed) and don't forget No More Heroes. Not sure about any of the other hardcore wii games from ubi for the wii, but most of the others have poor reviews.

The Raving Rabbids games are good for casual games.

I think that's about "it" for good wii games from ubisoft.

Didn't develop, only published it in the us. 

Around the Network

It's still some risk for a publisher, and takes some investment, even if they don't develop. Supporting smaller developers on the wii is still better than not supporting the wii at all.

ItsaMii said:
joora said:
ItsaMii said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:
sc94597 said:
rocketpig said:

So what? There are plenty of companies whose games I don't buy.

Seriously, the people on this forum sound like petulant children who just had their favorite lollipop taken away from them.

I agree. It is almost as pathectic as those user complaining about Fallout 3. The industry does not have to cater to their tastes.

It doesn't have to. But the users don't have to like it. And they can express their opinion. There were far more childlish and pointless things going on these forums than this Ubisoft upset.

As for Fallout 3 - they can make the game however they like, but so far the Fallout part is only regarding the setting, not the game phylosophy. I hope i'm wrong tho.

That was sarcasm dude. I was just trying to show how much of a hypocrite rocketpig was for posting that. Everyone can go berserk over crappy games or changing the focus on your favorite franchise.

The problem is that rocketpig attitude was really poor. Basically he is whining about nintendo fanboys whining. And now he is bumping threads that he wish no one made in the first place. That kind of hipocrisy really piss me off.

It is like when 2 opposing groups are discussing an important matter - feminists and christians on abortion, for example - and someone from a 3rd party enter it just to say how stupid the discussion itself is. It is not that hard to make a valid counter argument against the Ubisoft boycott. Calling the everyone supporting it a bunch of childish fanboys won`t make this thread shorter or more user friendly.

Glad to know that kind of hypocrisy (sic) pisses you off. If you were to actually understand my point, it wasn't the complaints that were irritating me, it was the stupid fucking boycott of a company that isn't producing games Wii owners want. Say that you won't support Ubisoft, fine. But to boycott a company for such an inane reason is fucking ridiculous. They're a private enterprise. If this is truly a bad decision, they will feel it in their pocketbook.

And if you still can't see the difference between Wii fans bitching about games they haven't played and will never see versus the whorejob Bethesda is doing to an already-established IP in Fallout, then I don't know what to say. But keep on rockin' the word hypocrite, man. Whatever floats your boat.

To top it all off, Wii owners supporting this boycott don't even know if Ubi is working on new Wii titles for the core gamer. This entire boycott is based on speculation. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The saving grace from me not boycotting Ubi right now is because of them publishing No More Heroes.

"Like you know"

@BBLTD

Considering the install base growth it's no wonder they are both still selling, but they are still 'casual' games (I can use that term because that's what ubisoft uses to describe it.) vs Mario Party or to be fair Guitar Hero, specially Guitar Hero the sales on both RRR are falling short of their cousins in game type.

Of course Mario Party isn't considered a casual game by Nintendo nor Guitar Hero by redoctane but both are classified as well as RRR series as casual or loosly bridge.

There's two sides to that coin, and I have got to get home >.> no internet connection tonight either =(

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

rocketpig said:

Glad to know that kind of hypocrisy (sic) pisses you off. If you were to actually understand my point, it wasn't the complaints that were irritating me, it was the stupid fucking boycott of a company that isn't producing games Wii owners want. Say that you won't support Ubisoft, fine. But to boycott a company for such an inane reason is fucking ridiculous. They're a private enterprise. If this is truly a bad decision, they will feel it in their pocketbook.

And if you still can't see the difference between Wii fans bitching about games they haven't played and will never see versus the whorejob Bethesda is doing to an already-established IP in Fallout, then I don't know what to say. But keep on rockin' the word hypocrite, man. Whatever floats your boat.

No, it's was not that they weren't producing the games they wanted. It was that they were also making piss poor efforts on most of the Wii games they were making, combined with what we though was an official response, that came across as insulting our intelligence.

So again, it wasn't that games aren't being made. It was that games aren't being made, the games that are look like shovelware, and it looked as though they were telling us those are the games Wii owners actually want.

So it was ubisoft seemingly insulting consumers that set this off.

Now ubisoft states that response isn't official, so that means I'll wait and see. Yet that doesn't make us wrong for being upset at first, since we didn't have a way to know that wasn't their official postition. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs