By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What happens when the US pulls out of Iraq.

konnichiwa said:
Kasz216 said:
The real thing I want to know is. What do other countries think America should now? Stay and barely hold thing together, or leave and watch the massive shitfest that will ensue.

Very good question, staying good thing? Well in my opinion with a huge Military NO. With just sitting there and walking around like the most of the military is doing right now is pointless and in fact negative.

They are walking around, they will start thinking, about home...., they miss it,  they get some anger,  they maybe think about their friends who died in Iraq,  they will develop a anger against the Iraq citizens (that is ofcourse normal) but what you than get is that some soldiers will crack and will mistreat some Iraq citizens (can be torturing, asking for money, killing maybe) and that will then again rise the anger of the Iraq citizens. (Happened in every war, the end of WWII (the band of brothers haves a episode about it), and don't forget the Vietnam war the amount of women who got raped is shocking).

And so far I know the only attacks now are from suicide terrorists...That is impossible to stop.  The soldiers are just walking targets. Let the American army leave and let the UN send a small army in Iraq who just defend popular targets of terrorists and a small group who search for the terrorists.

Are you in Iraq?

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
konnichiwa said:
halogamer1989 said:
^Yes, that was the case. However, we did that in response to the Iranian Revolution. Iran is a country that, like the US, excels in fiddling with foreign affairs. PS The CIA ALWAYS screws up foreign policy. That should be left to the President, Congress, and the DHS w/ ECHELON support.

I totally agree with that, in fact they are always doing the best for the USA though.

Go back to the 80's.

Who are the enemies of USA...Oh the Soviet union...Well then we support terrorists who want to stop Soviet union:

Hmm where we can find them... AH Afghanistan!! Bin laden yeah that guy!! Give him a lot of financial aid and weapons. CIA doesn't care how they will do it, attacking a school, military doesn't matter...

Scary thought is they are supporting the Dalai lama now too, even with training some Tibetan immigrants to become a soldier. I hope they are not up to something cuz end of this year I will be again in Tibet..

Oh well this vid says some mistakes of CIA:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=H2XYgLbSQRs

It's not terrorism when they're attacking Soviet soldiers.

I believe that's referred to as "war". 

Yeah I have to agree,  I missed the part that Afghanistan was in war with the Soviet union. Sorry.

Iraq will do a Bosnia, and change its name, probably to stop America going to war with it every 5 years through boredom

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

It's too late. It doesn't matter if US stays or not. The war at the begin is a big mistake. For personal reasons since I am from America, it is better to pull out. Saves the government money which we badly needed for our economy.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

jheco05 said:
It's too late. It doesn't matter if US stays or not. The war at the begin is a big mistake. For personal reasons since I am from America, it is better to pull out. Saves the government money which we badly needed for our economy.

We should be on the gold standard again anyway.

Around the Network

...im kind of interested if the sunni countries will try to stop iran if the US leaves iraq.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

halogamer1989 said:

First of all the Kurds are not desert living nomads they have malls, skyscrapers, etc.

The worst case scenario is civil war between Sunni and Shiites (Kurdistan likes the US and doesn't really care to much about their other Iraqi neighbors) and an Iranian influenced takeover. Iran-Iraq war x10. That is what the US is trying to avoid.

I do realise this, but just because they aren't nomads doesn't mean they wont rebel. If there is an independent Kurdish state at least some of the Kurdish people in the areas of Iran and Turkey dominated by Kurds will want to join it. 

Losing stability in Turkey, one of the few secular stable democracies in the Middle East, would be a massive blow to the entire area.

PDF said:
I am one of the biggest defenders of staying in Iraq. I will tell you garuntee you that a vietnam effect wont happen. The country is not like NAM. The two factions are going to fight it out once we leave. In NAM one side was much weaker after we left allowing for the war to end. 1) If we leave Iraq the War will just start.

Shiites will win and take power after a bloody civil war.(due to Iran influence) Iraq will be trained to hate us for a # of reasons. They will become and Ally to Iran making the coalition of Iran and Iraq a huge threat. We will be forced to return.

Most Americans and people from other countries have not fully studied this war and want to leave. They are wrong. They dont understand whats at stake.

That doesnt matter any more. That was my position about two months ago but since then I have slightly changed posisition.

There is a much bigger problem that we have to take care of. Our economy is headed for disaster, our military is crumbling under the lack of man power, and our dependence on oil is pathetic.

We will have a dem as president(I bet you my soul). So leaving is inevitable. Will happen as fast as Obama says it will? No but it will happen.

2)We have to look at how our relationship is with Iraq as we leave. We need to stay for re-election and we need to make sure we ally ourselves with who we think will end up controlling Iraq. We then need to make sure that we keep a strong connection with Iraq.

It is also important we dont live Afghanistan.

We need to focus on just completely rebuilding the USA and get ready for the big turn in powers that is coming.

China, India, Brazil, Russia > EU. We need to make sure were ready for the oil to dry up and that we dont fall into a depression because of it. 3)Our Military needs to be rebuilt to superpower levels.

I know this is a long post. I just ranted mainly.
Most wont read it due to its longness.

1) So how are you going to stop the Shiites now?  How you are gonna change it?

2) How longer the USA military is standing how more Iraq citizens wants that USA leaves the country..

You missed this right?  More than half of the members of Iraq's parliament rejected for the first time on Tuesday the continuing occupation of their country. The U.S. media ignored the story.

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/51624/

3) 
So to be sure that you guys are ready for when the oil dry up you will create a super military power?  So you are saying you will fight other countries?  Is it me?  or shouldn't USA then spend money into then into things like Hybrid cars who runs on water or something like that?

What is the obsession with the military of some USA citizens for gods sake,  

We are in a economic depression what should we do?    Invest in the army!!
The Chinese can make products for cheaper prices what should we do?   Invest in the army!!!
?

I am really shocked,  you just want to occupy a country even more when they don't want you over there just for your own good sake, while you don't care about the citizens in that country who is occupied.   Yes good start of making a good relationship with the Iraq citizens;...

konnichiwa said:

We are in a economic depression what should we do?    Invest in the army!!
The Chinese can make products for cheaper prices what should we do?   Invest in the army!!!
?

the economic situation is hardly that serious but investing in the military can solve both issues.

destroy all the other countries in the world and the problems are solved ;)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

=/ For a pitcairn you sound very cruel the other 49 inhabitants were not so cruel ..