Viper1 said:
ArtofAngels said:

According to VGChartz here's the stats.

DS: 25 Games.

PSP: 18 Games.

Wii: 17 Games.

Xbox 360: 15 Games.

PS3: 12 Games.

42 Games and counting for Nintendo so far this generation, Ubisoft support Nintendo more-so than anyone other developer, it makes me very disappointed as a fellow Wii 'fanboy' (As in favourite console not raving idiot) that half of you would go and diss Ubisoft and Boycott them, incredibly selfish and immature, we should be embrassing Ubisoft, not Boycotting them.

Complaining about lack of hardcore Wii games? I bet that in every arguement (This goes to the people boycotting Ubisoft) you have against a PS360 fanboy about Wii's lack of hardcore games that you without a doubt in my mind bring up the games "Red Steel" and "No More Heroes" to help counter the lack of arguement.

Wake up.

Quantity - Volume of units in a measurable metric.

Quality - Value of craftsmanship contrasting similar products.

They are independant metrics exclusive of the characteristics of each property. Done confuse them please.

I rarely agree with you but I am forced to here.

Around the Network

Yeah Data Design Interactive is a great Nintendo supporter too, let's go buy all their games and show how much we appreciate their support! Don't you wish they were making 360/PS3 games?

I cannot consider Ubisoft's suppot of the Wii to be "bad" so long as they have at least one game in development that I am looking forward to. They make shovelware that people will buy - that's fine. I don't care. They are not forcing me to play it.

They're not bringing BG&E to the Wii. That's honestly fine too - they want to take a risk with the game on the HD consoles, hedging their bets as to whether or not they can supercharge the brand to make it appeal to more people than the first iteration. There's no problem there - would I have preferred a Wii version? Yes. But Ubisoft is seeking to establish a varied presence on the HD consoles, which have earned them more money than God so far. They're been really lucky this gen.

The best-looking game from Ubisoft that's coming to the Wii is the third Rayman Raving Rabbids. And you know what? That's awesome. I can live with controlling games with my butt, because it sounds hilarious and immensely enjoyable.

Khuutra said:
I cannot consider Ubisoft's suppot of the Wii to be "bad" so long as they have at least one game in development that I am looking forward to. They make shovelware that people will buy - that's fine. I don't care. They are not forcing me to play it.

They're not bringing BG&E to the Wii. That's honestly fine too - they want to take a risk with the game on the HD consoles, hedging their bets as to whether or not they can supercharge the brand to make it appeal to more people than the first iteration. There's no problem there - would I have preferred a Wii version? Yes. But Ubisoft is seeking to establish a varied presence on the HD consoles, which have earned them more money than God so far. They're been really lucky this gen.

The best-looking game from Ubisoft that's coming to the Wii is the third Rayman Raving Rabbids. And you know what? That's awesome. I can live with controlling games with my butt, because it sounds hilarious and immensely enjoyable.
The problem is they don't seem to want to do the same on Wii.   The want to range the spectrum on the HD consoles but they seem to want to wade in the shallow end of the Wii pool.....no range.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

The problem is they don't seem to want to do the same on Wii.   The want to range the spectrum on the HD consoles but they seem to want to wade in the shallow end of the Wii pool.....no range.

Does this detract from the value of the products that are good, somehow? I submit that it does not.

Around the Network

More Games for the HD consoles pls!!!!

Khuutra said:

Viper1 said:

Does this detract from the value of the products that are good, somehow? I submit that it does not.

Did I say it did?  I'm really not sure how I implied such either.

Point being they want to reach full audience on the hardcore game systems but only reach the casual audience on the more diverse console.

It's flabergasting in its logic.  Not to mention they promised Nintendo quality games and admitted to using the profits of Wii titles to fund HD games that will never see a Wii release.

So pardon us for feeling slighted.   Given the circumstances, we have every right to be and speak our frustrations.

When you say, then, that they do not try to reach "hardcore" gamers on the "more diverse console", do you mean that they are not putting out any hardcore games on the Wii?

Not with the same reverence given to HD consoles.

17 Ubisoft Published titles. 4 for the core crowd. 2 ports, a buggy launch title and a game they didn't develop and didn't advertise much. No real efforts compared to the HD consoles.

You're still concentrating on one aspect and not the overall picture.

They admitted that the Wii is simply a capital gains tool. A fund raiser.

That's because games require that kind of "effort" to sell on the HD consoles.

All of the consoles are capital gains tools. The only difference lies in required investment.