By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - best PSP games

You're right about LocoRoco, and Patapon being unique, and i was thinking about Patapon, but i'm not sure about LocoRoco. I've still got time to think about it

Around the Network
brute said:
you should buy god of war

Lolz when he got the GOW PSP bundle?

Puzzle Quest is a game that you should get :). (If you don't have it on the Wii).

I made a list of games I want/Like for PSP in another thread. I'll drag it up in a sec :)

My opinion: LocoRoco blows, but Patapon is great.

My other favourites:

Lumines (Don't bother with Lumines II)
Daxter
Dungeon Seige: Throne Of Agony
Both GTA games
Sega Genesis Collection
Wipeout Pulse
Ratchet & Clank: Size matters
Socom: Fireteam Bravo 2
GUN
MGS: Portable Ops

To help you with games, here is my list (/10 is how much I want the game/liked the game, not a review)
also- PSP is great for sports, shooters, and puzzles, which arn't on my list. Sports you know what you want, shooters I recommend Metal Gear Solid portable ops, syphon filter games, and medal of honor heroes. Puzzle I recommend Lumines and Crush.
list when it comes to games, DS has more, but PSP has more than enough games to satisfy my needs (and I have a DS aswell :D)
PSP GAMES
1. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the lions (10/10)
2. Patapon (9/10)
3. Sega Genisis Collection (9/10)
4. God of War:Chains of Olympus (9/10)
5. (Hopeful) FF7 (PS1) (9/10)
6. Loco Roco (9/10)
7. Tales of Eternia (UK import $35, its worth it) (9/10)
8. Jean D'arc (9/10)
9. Disagaea: Afternoon Of Darkness (9/10)
10. harvest moon: boy and girl (8/10)
11. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (8/10)
12. Rachet and Clank: Size Matters (8/10)
13. Daxter (8/10)
14. Riviera: the promised land (8/10)
15. Spyro the dargon (ps1 download off of playstation store) (8/10)
16. Ape Escape: on the loose (8/10)
17. Burnout: Dominator (8/10)
18. GTA: Vice City Stories (8/10)
19. Valkeryie Profile: Lenneth
20. GTA: Liberty City Stoires (8/10)
21. Final Fantasy 7: Crisis core (8/10)
22. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (8/10)
23. Metal Slug Anthology
24. Castlevania: The dracula X chronicles (8/10)
25. Sonic Rivals (7/10)
26. Tales of the World: Gradient mythology (7/10)
27. Mega Man Powered UP! (7/10)
28. Sonic Rivals 2 (7/10)
29. Me and My Katamari (7/10)
30. Innocent Life: A futuristic Harvest Moon (7/10)
31. Wild Arms XF (6/10)
32. Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (6/10)
33. Grand Turismo Portable (6/10- this will probably be great, but I personally am not that interested)

Hope that helped. PSP is definatly worth buying. You can also hack it and play SNES games of any game Sega Geninis collection doesn't cover (It think it had 40 games or so, 80% of which are good)

Around the Network

Unfortunately, about all I can recommend are various PS1 ports, as that's what most of my PSP library consists of... That said, Valkyrie Profile and Tales of Eternia are worthy additions if you missed their PS1 releases, given their extreme rarity on PS1 and easy availability on PSP. Though the latter is only available in Europe, so you'd have to import (and not do anything else; I love region-free handhelds).

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Thanks Hawkeye!
I'll look into a lot of these games!
Now the only problem is when i finally do get my PSP, and i start getting some of these games, is how i'm going to find the time for all that?
Thanks to everyone who helped!

use ebay. Also, look up the games I listed, don't blindly buy. For example, reviera: the promised land is a 6/10 game thats a GA port. I played the GBA one and loved it. It has nice 2-d visuals, good anime stills, decent story, great character development, good music. PSP version lengthens the story with a new chapter, makes all the dailouge voiced, adds new anime stills, and upgrades the graphis and music quility. It has a unique (though simple) battle system and is point and click however.

by the way, most of the games on my list are higly rated. Tittles that got mixed reviews: Harvest moon, sonic rivals, final fantasy anniversary, riviera, wild arms XF, me and katamri, ape escape

get dead head fred, killzone liberation, some cheap umd movies, put some mp3 music on your psp, and you're set.
(and what you can do on the internet, like, adding flash games, helps to.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive