By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Crysis will be announced for PS3 @ 2008 E3

merkh66 said:
SpartanFX said:
sc94597 said:
No, chances are 20%,and the highest crysis could run is low-medium settings at 720p> 30fps.

the crysis developer confirmed that it can run close to high settings,,I will post the article in a sec

Edit:I can not find the article ,,so I might be wrong about near high setting for crysis,,,all i find is the cryengine 2(for farcry) will run at high settings on consoles.

Nope, i read it too. It was said that Crysis could run smoothly on PS3 at the highest settings. He then went on to talk some about utilizing the cell the help with running it or something, i forget i read it a month or two ago.

Does anyone else remember hearing about programmers with PS3 experience being recruted by crytech? I heard that as well but that may have been rumor

No. A Crytek developer said PS3 could run Crysis between Medium and High settings.

Around the Network

i will wait untill i see the game in motion on the ps3 untill i make any comments

shio said:
merkh66 said:
SpartanFX said:
sc94597 said:
No, chances are 20%,and the highest crysis could run is low-medium settings at 720p> 30fps.

the crysis developer confirmed that it can run close to high settings,,I will post the article in a sec

Edit:I can not find the article ,,so I might be wrong about near high setting for crysis,,,all i find is the cryengine 2(for farcry) will run at high settings on consoles.

Nope, i read it too. It was said that Crysis could run smoothly on PS3 at the highest settings. He then went on to talk some about utilizing the cell the help with running it or something, i forget i read it a month or two ago.

Does anyone else remember hearing about programmers with PS3 experience being recruted by crytech? I heard that as well but that may have been rumor

No. A Crytek developer said PS3 could run Crysis between Medium and High settings.

yea,so I was right ,,casue I remember reading it somewhere not too long ago.(last month)

SpartanFX said:
shio said:
merkh66 said:
SpartanFX said:
sc94597 said:

yea,so I was right ,,casue I remember reading it somewhere not too long ago.(last month)

YOu said the highet setting. The highest setting is ultra high at resoultions higher than 1080p. 

@SC

read my post again

I said"NEAR high setting"

which means between medium and high ,,closer to high

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
@SC

read my post again

I said"NEAR high setting"

which means between medium and high ,,closer to high
I meant the other person. Sorry.

I could see the PS3 running Crysis at around medium-high at 720p and 30FPS with a significant portion of the effects completely removed (No choice there... the graphics card just doesn't have the capabilities built in).

Not sure why PS3 owners want Crysis though. It was extremely generic and mediocre. The open world stuff was bullshit. It's completely linear and repetitive. The plot and dialogue is honestly some of the worst I've ever seen in an FPS. Just because you can choose which side of the camp you enter doesn't make it open world.

Honestly CoD4 was better in every way. Yeah, it was linear, but the gameplay was much more varied, pacing was 100 times better, plot was great, characters were great, and multiplayer incredible (granted I'm talking about PC where you can play online with 50 people in CoD4).

Probably just meant "highest setting" not highest resolution.

Even PCs can't run Crysis smoothly on "highest resolution" with all visuals optimized, barring the rare quad SLI/crossfired rigs that nobody owns.

High setting at 1280x720 at 30fps would be fine for the PS3 although it would require skillful optimization with the CBE coding since the 7800GTX/RSX GPU can't do that alone.

naznatips said:
I could see the PS3 running Crysis at around medium-high at 720p and 30FPS with a significant portion of the effects completely removed (No choice there... the graphics card just doesn't have the capabilities built in).

Not sure why PS3 owners want Crysis though. It was extremely generic and mediocre. The open world stuff was bullshit. It's completely linear and repetitive. The plot and dialogue is honestly some of the worst I've ever seen in an FPS. Just because you can choose which side of the camp you enter doesn't make it open world.

Honestly CoD4 was better in every way. Yeah, it was linear, but the gameplay was much more varied, pacing was 100 times better, plot was great, characters were great, and multiplayer incredible (granted I'm talking about PC where you can play online with 50 people in CoD4).

There's probably enough of a market for Crysis on the PS3 to do decent (UT3 level) sales. Most people who primarily game on consoles probably don't own PC rigs that could run High 1280x720 @ 30fps. 

It's the only reason for buying PC ports for consoles barring the extreme console enthusiasts. 

As far the game itself goes, I have to say the visuals were the most impressive aspect of the game. Take those away and you are left with a slightly better than average FPS on par with Far Cry.  

greenmedic88 said:
Probably just meant "highest setting" not highest resolution.

Even PCs can't run Crysis smoothly on "highest resolution" with all visuals optimized, barring the rare quad SLI/crossfired rigs that nobody owns.

High setting at 1280x720 at 30fps would be fine for the PS3 although it would require skillful optimization with the CBE coding since the 7800GTX/RSX GPU can't do that alone.
No more like medium-high. Not even very high let alone ultra high. Not many pcs could run ultra high. I can barely run it high-very high and my pc is far more powerful than the ps3.