By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No, the de-facto is zed, seeing as though it is our language, therefore our usage is correct.

MGS4!

Around the Network

Zed? over here its zee!!

Zeta ;>

And Zed too.

Zee is the fun way to say it.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Dutch people use to say Zee while speaking English, but I say Zed. My English schoolbook says it's Zed as well.

Zed all the way.

Btw, as in German, in Dutch the Z is also pronounced Zed. So whoever was it who made the Zed/Zee-list, add another additional 16 million Dutchmen, and if the Belgians on the forum agree another 10 million or so Belgians. For the sake of it, let's add tjose 400 000 Luxembourgish people as well.
Benelux supports Zed!

Around the Network

de-facto means most commonly used.

HD-DVD may have come first, but Blu Ray came along and was more commonly used, so now its the de-facto standard in the english language =))))

Likewise, zed may have come first, but now there are more zee speakers

I cannot speak for other languages, so if its pronounced Zed in dutch or french or whatever, then more power to you!

That Guy said:

HD-DVD may have come first, but Blu Ray came along and was more commonly used, so now its the de-facto standard in the english language =))))

I cannot speak for other languages, so if its pronounced Zed in dutch or french or whatever, then more power to you!

There are more British English speakers than the 'American' English speakers in the world. The de-facto way is zed.

There are roughly 2 billion people in the Commonwealth, there are roughly 300 million in the U.S.

It is 'zed,' not the pathetic butchering that is 'zee.' 

MGS4!

What a weird question, Zee.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

That Guy said:

You ignored my page showing there are more English speakers outside of America than in America didn't you?

Also you're misusing de-facto, de-facto basically means 'in practice' which would imply that everybody uses one version even if another version is theoritically correct.

Rath said:

You ignored my page showing there are more English speakers outside of America than in America didn't you?

Wait, you mean there are people outside of America?