By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 like Eurogamer again, Edge review (MGS4, Grid, Lostwinds, Haze)

Edge gave MGS2 and MGS3 an 8. Being that MGS4 still holds true to what was good and bad of the previous games (minus controls), I wouldn't expect much of a change from reviews of previous MGS games.

AKA: playstation magazines = 9 or over
Edge and Eurogamer = 8/10
and IGN, gamepro = 9.5 or higher.

Who has a scan and does it have spoilers? 

Around the Network

What are their complaints? In the past, their complaints have been about the game's story. If that was their complaint again, then I don't think people who enjoyed the series in the first place have much to worry about.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
What are their complaints? In the past, their complaints have been about the game's story. If that was their complaint again, then I don't think people who enjoyed the series in the first place have much to worry about.

2 90 minutes cutscenes

probably frustating & mad for clicking....

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

The more cutscenes, the better.

MGS4!

Wait, they gave Haze a '5'? No, that's not right, it isn't that bad. It's a 7/8, not a 5.

Site is crap.

MGS4!

Around the Network
Q_A_X said:
Wait, they gave Haze a '5'? No, that's not right, it isn't that bad. It's a 7/8, not a 5.

Site is crap.

ign gave haze 4.5 and mgs4 9.9 are they crap too?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Seems reasonable, but how dare they rip on little Indy J.

windbane said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
What's the point of that link?

To show that Edge gave MGS3 the same score, which is fairly ridiculous, imo.

MGS3 deserved an 8, just like MGS4 probably deserves an 8, so I'm not sure where's the problem. Infact, the only game in the MGS series higher than an 8 is the first one.

Cougarman said:
Q_A_X said:

Site is crap.

ign gave haze 4.5 and mgs4 9.9 are they crap too?

IGN UK gave the 9.9, and they gave Haze a 6.5.

I got Grid 2 days ago. Best racing game Ive ever played. I'm not big on the whole simulation/perfect driving experience so I find forza and GT a not that fun. Also I am not big fan of hold down gas and see ya at the finish line(like burnout) as I like to use breaks and have some consequences for assholes that just plow through other people.

This game is just perfect of both worlds. Not too much fiddling and enough realism...
Hope it sells well.