By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - World Destruction - Promo Trailer (OMG WANT! :D)

sc94597 said:
Onyxmeth said:

For anyone with any tech knowledge, can the DS actually produce those FMV videos in game considering there would probably be a typical hour at least judging by most RPGs?

Regarding the game thus far, it looks as promising as another 30 RPGs i've seen videos for coming for the DS. With so much choice, I'm sure to be picky. It looks like Lock's Quest is the new one to look out for. IGN says they had to beg THQ to be able to play the game again for a hands on report because of how addicted they got.

What do you mean? ALot of ds games have FMVs. FFXII:RW, FFIV, FFCC:ROF,A.S.H,MPH,etc. ALmost every game.

Well I haven't played any of those games, otherwise I obviously wouldn't have asked. All of my DS games lack FMV I think.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
ArtofAngels said:
Riachu said:
The CGI was impressive but were was the gameplay footage. The concept is pretty unique

Sure the game looks promising, but 'unique'??? Are you serious? You came to that conclusion through an FMV based 'teaser' video? Wow, you're good, with my help, you could be the best.

I think he meant the concept art in the video, or the blend between cgi, and anime.

I am talking about the story concept.  You don't consider a story like 'the main protagonist has the power to destroy the world' unique?  Name on other RPG that has that type of storyline.

how is this awesome/amazing/anything? It just looks like another generic JRPG that follows the same formula as the rest of them. For a bunch of people who bitch about generic first person shooters, you guys sure lap up all these identical JRPGs...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I'm whoring my wii and ds and this is not helping me stop. D:

Former something....

omgwtfbbq said:
how is this awesome/amazing/anything? It just looks like another generic JRPG that follows the same formula as the rest of them. For a bunch of people who bitch about generic first person shooters, you guys sure lap up all these identical JRPGs...

Um sorry ,b ut it looks pretty new to me. The story, the gameplay using both the top and bottom screens in a new manner from the video I posted, the art direction, probably will use motion controls. I don't see how that is identical to everything else. 

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
Just because a game is 'generic' doesn't mean it won't be good.  We don't expect every game to be ground breaking.  Look at Haze, people don't hate it because it is generic but because the game wasn't very good.  Other then the modern setting, Call of Duty 4 didn't bring anything new to the table of the FPS genre but the game was still great anyway just because of how fun it was.

sc94597 said:
omgwtfbbq said:

Um sorry ,b ut it looks pretty new to me. The story, the gameplay using both the top and bottom screens in a new manner from the video I posted, the art direction, probably will use motion controls. I don't see how that is identical to everything else. 

There were story details? I don't read japanese, please translate for me, and tell me how it's unique. Is there a group of spikey haired androgenous teenagers fighting against an unspeakable evil? in AIRSHIPS?

The top and bottom screen fighting? From what I saw, it looked like the same standard JRPG combat, but with the picture split over two screens. WOW< that's using the DS like only 50 other games have done!

The art direction? How is it different to anything seen before? Motion controls? (zomg!) 

Sorry this is nothing new, and from the looks of it, nothing special. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't see how anyone could get excited over another identical JRPG trailer...

Riachu said:
omgwtfbbq said:
Just because a game is 'generic' doesn't mean it won't be good.  We don't expect every game to be ground breaking.  Look at Haze, people don't hate it because it is generic but because the game wasn't very good.  Other then the modern setting, Call of Duty 4 didn't bring anything new to the table of the FPS genre but the game was still great anyway just because of how fun it was.

I completely agree with you. A game can be generic and still be good. However, it's not something to get excited over when you know absolutely nothing about the game.

omgwtfbbq said:
sc94597 said:
omgwtfbbq said:

There were story details? I don't read japanese, please translate for me, and tell me how it's unique. Is there a group of spikey haired androgenous teenagers fighting against an unspeakable evil? in AIRSHIPS?

The top and bottom screen fighting? From what I saw, it looked like the same standard JRPG combat, but with the picture split over two screens. WOW< that's using the DS like only 50 other games have done!

The art direction? How is it different to anything seen before? Motion controls? (zomg!) 

Sorry this is nothing new, and from the looks of it, nothing special. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't see how anyone could get excited over another identical JRPG trailer...

http://www.destructoid.com/sega-s-world-destruction-ds-rpg-reunites-xenogears-creators-83832.phtml

Here is some concept art http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14235197/world-destruction/images/world-destruction-screens-20080428042637432.html

Not too many rpgs on the ds use both screens, and the ones that do don't make a transition like the one in this game. It's as if both screens were one. 

I meant touch controls, but they allow for alot of diffrentiation to other games. You always could make a new control scheme with the touch screens. Most fspses have everything identical, even the story seems the same just with different names. 

Masato Kato is writing the story and Yasunori Mitsuda is composing the soundtrack, that should help people get excited