By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is English Football Doomed?

I'd say there is enough young English talent. As long as people are kicking around a ball on the street England should be fine in the long haul.

I think that the main problem is that the big clubs have too much cash to spend. They don't really have to scout talent as they can simply buy established talent that other clubs scouted for them, usually over seas.
You can see this come bite them in the ass when analysts talk about cohesion and team play - core elements of the game.

I'd say England just have to wait untill the circle is full - no cohesion means no games won means less income means more talented players plucked from the street.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

The only people complaining about foreigners are the managers of the lower end clubs cos they cant afford them. You dont see united, chelsea or liverpool whining that there are too many foreigners.

And face it, our national team isnt crap because of our club teams use foreigners...our national team is crap because our so called big players dont want to perform at the highest level

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
The only people complaining about foreigners are the managers of the lower end clubs cos they cant afford them. You dont see united, chelsea or liverpool whining that there are too many foreigners.

And face it, our national team isnt crap because of our club teams use foreigners...our national team is crap because our so called big players dont want to perform at the highest level

LOL, guess who i support............... Man Utd!

There are a number of reasons the national side dont perform, thats one of them, lack of young talent is another.

How many decent young players does the national squad need!?

Hart, A Ferdinand, Young, Walcott, Agbonlahor, Vaughn, Milner, N'zogbia, Hoyte, Warnock, Lewis, Sinclair.....the list goes on.

A talented english manager would be a start

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The best thing to do is to introduce the FIFA Quota, first decent thing Blatter has done.

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
How many decent young players does the national squad need!?

Hart, A Ferdinand, Young, Walcott, Agbonlahor, Vaughn, Milner, N'zogbia, Hoyte, Warnock, Lewis, Sinclair.....the list goes on.

A talented english manager would be a start

most top nations like France, Italy, Argentina, Spain and Brazil to name a few have a pool of young talent two or three times the size of ours, thats why they win things and we dont.

the media play a big part in it in uk no manager gets a chance imo.
ot english football is not doomed why because people are passionate about it.
i wish it was the same in ireland.

reask said:
the media play a big part in it in uk no manager gets a chance imo.
ot english football is not doomed why because people are passionate about it.
i wish it was the same in ireland.

i agree about the media, they way the treat our managers is insulitng, i know the passion will never die, the problem is we may be passionate about a team that barely ever qualifies for majour tournaments rather than one that can win them.

right ps but think about it if the sun and the others didnt put so much pressure on the lads they might do better . i know we have to accept it but it must play on the teams mind when they read this stuff. you know were gonna stuff this team etc let the lads get on with it and england will do better imo.
there is some brilliant english players out there who given a chance will bring yu international trophys.

reask said:
right ps but think about it if the sun and the others didnt put so much pressure on the lads they might do better . i know we have to accept it but it must play on the teams mind when they read this stuff. you know were gonna stuff this team etc let the lads get on with it and england will do better imo.
there is some brilliant english players out there who given a chance will bring yu international trophys.

i think we can win things with the current team (i.e 2010 World Cup, 2012 Euros) but beyond 2012 im struggling to see where are next generation of players will come from, lets face it as is there may not even be 11 top english players in the premier league in 2012. i think the media should be ecnouraging our players not lambasting them for no good reason, im fed up of BBC news reporting drivel from the sun and the news of the world about managers and players personal lives, i dont care what they choose to do off the pitch, its what they do on it that matters.