By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Deal : $299 ($399 40GB + $100 Gift Card) at Wal-Mart

The only things I care about is what I see from the official source, which is www.Wal-Mart.com, which states its a regular gift card. Thats false advertising otherwise. Theres no asterik, no small print, nothing :D

Dont care if someone came in here saying he's one of the CEO's :P

Around the Network

LOL the online special is a gift card lol it can only be used online. There is also a instore special that is being run on june the1-7 and this is for blue ray movies only. This should clear everything up and maybe why there was a mix up to begn with.

Well it worked out for me; I bought:
PS3 40GB
GTA IV
Blu-Ray remote control
Nyko charge link/cable (10'-0")
sales tax
shipping (charge link only, everything else pick up in store)
$426.57 Total. Cant complain about that, saved $100 and got what I wanted. Wouldn't mind an extra controller, but really don't need it yet. Thanks Matt!

I planned on waiting another month or so before purchasing a PS3, but couldn't pass up this deal. Best I've seen so far.

@west-phoenix

Congratz man and welcome to the club ;) ,,,hope you enjoy it ,,,,

don't forget to get uncharted

and If you can find heavenly sword new for 30 bucks(off eBay) play it,, cause it's one hell of a game with brilliant acting.

I plan to check out (rent) Uncharted. I can do so for free with passes I get from Blockbuster Online so thats cool. Uncharted looks pretty cool to me, but doesn't seem like it would have much replay value. Thats why I'll rent it instead of buying. There are very few games I buy without renting first. I feel confident with the GTA though.

Around the Network

You can buy anything with the gift card.  It's not a Blu-Ray gift card.

That's a solid deal. That said, BC is too important to me for me to do this. I'm still planning to buy a 20GB for $350 on eBay for my PS3 purchase.

when does this deal expire and is it same with walmart canada?

Well,walmart.com just sold out of them.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Best Buy has a similar deal, IF you are also buying an HDTV. But they just take $100 off the price, rather than giving you a gift card.