By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Deal : $299 ($399 40GB + $100 Gift Card) at Wal-Mart

I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart unless I'm sure they're not making money from me but this sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Whoa it's the real rocket pig's pic *shock*

OT great deal.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Nickelbackro said:
Whoa it's the real rocket pig's pic *shock*

OT great deal.

It's Emo Friday!

*pouts convincingly* 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

that is a good deal, couple xtra games are food with the gift card.

superchunk said:
no effect? Then what's the purpose of doing a sale if it is not to drive sales?

I think there will be a bump in sales for this time frame that are larger by % to GTA4's small bump in North American charts.

They may want to drive sales of their old supply to make way for a better product.  It is commonly done.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

I doubt it would increase sales by much. 5% at the absolutely optimisticly insane maximum.

Most people say the price is too high. If we use the same logic then people won't buy it.

Adding a lot of stuff on does not make it cheaper. If a computer costs $50,000, you couldn't afford it. If it had bundled with it every single video game ever made for the PC, 10 other super fast, super amazing computers, and a 100K diamond at the same price, you still can't afford it.

Same logic applies here.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Actually the card is for blue ray movies only its 100$ card for blue ray movies not that it can be used for anything in the store e.g games, food etc. The reason for this is there push for blue ray and hdtv which walmart is doing of late. Plus it goes along with fathers day to(there is also a 360 deal online where you get a 50 gift card.

Ah Fathers Day would make sense of the sale too...Kind of came out of nowhere, but now makes more sense

I also started thinking maybe they are trying to get rid of the older model PS3 40GB, since the new ones come out June 12th (Only difference I believe is new ones come with DualShock)...

But ya Fathers Day makes more sense :D

@dtewi I think your just completly exagerating your analogy here... When your adding a measily $100 that will most likely get used instantly.

Example: Someone isn't just going to buy a PS3 and leave it at their house for a few years. There will most likely be 'startup' costs like purchasing Games/Movies/Controllers/Cables/etc. Just like you would with practically anything. Cereal? You might need milk. New Car? You might need gas. Computer? You might need a game/keyboard/extra hdd. Laptop? You might need a case. TV? You might need a DVD Player. DVD Player? You might need a movie. PS3? You might want something to play or watch.

twesterm said:

Note that this isn't a PS3 for $299, it's a PS3 for $399 where you get a $100 gift card after purchase (meaning you can't use it on the PS3).

But as Matt said, Wal-Mart is a grocery store too (though their quality on fruit and veggies sucks) so it might as well be cash. Just make sure you're ready for a $399 hit in the wallet and not a $299.

Good find!

Actually you couldn't.

It's a Blu-Ray Gift card.

This means you can only use it on Blu-Ray movies/games. 

Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:

Note that this isn't a PS3 for $299, it's a PS3 for $399 where you get a $100 gift card after purchase (meaning you can't use it on the PS3).

But as Matt said, Wal-Mart is a grocery store too (though their quality on fruit and veggies sucks) so it might as well be cash. Just make sure you're ready for a $399 hit in the wallet and not a $299.

Good find!

Actually you couldn't.

It's a Blu-Ray Gift card.

This means you can only use it on Blu-Ray movies/games. 

On walmart.com it doesn't say anything about it being Blu-Ray.