By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV still on top metacritic

I think both games are overrated.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
SMG have more reviews than GTAIV on Ps3 or on X360 then If they have the same amount of reviews SMG is better than both GTAIV.

Well, i think the lesson to be learnt here is that only certain websites reviews should be counted under Gamerankings because it difficult to determine which game should be on top when they all have different number of reviews.

I mean a game with 60 reviews can not be compared with a game that has 30.

All this thread was for is this.

If say the first 35 or so reviews counted in gameranking then anything after that is discounted, then GTAIV PS3 had the lead, thats all i am saying, i dont know about SMG tho, so i can not comment on that 

Why the FUCK does it matter?

When the reviews ignored all flaws and blindly gave it a 10, it is credible?

I could name dozens of flaws in GTAIV. I want you to name 3 in OoT.

Of course, it is ALL opinion, right?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Esmoreit said:

This is still a very flawed way of looking at the numbers. Most of OoT's grades come from magazines. This is due the fact that there weren't a lot of game review sites back in 1998. The grades from magazines generally also come in later...

And as you yourself already stated - the first grades from GTA were higher then those of OoT. These were mostly websites. It is, in a way very flawed both statisticly and ethicly to compare two different types of media.

I can also state with a certain certainty that magazines are generally a bit harsher as they have more time for testing. So in a way, OoT should be even more commended for being up there as it was looked at longer.

I was thinking of bringing this up too, but I only had a theory that later magazine reviews actually had reviewers that spent more time playing the game.  I didn't really know if my theory was true or not. Do you really know that the magazine reviewers get to spend more time on the game?

Because, in that case, obieslut is even more full of fail.  He's saying we should remove the scores of the reviews that actually got the time to fully critic the game.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

dtewi said:
Why the FUCK does it matter?

When the reviews ignored all flaws and blindly gave it a 10, it is credible?

I could name dozens of flaws in GTAIV. I want you to name 3 in OoT.

Of course, it is ALL opinion, right?

OoT does not have no flaws to be honest. i do prefere this game to GTAIV. i am just saying that if the games had the same amount of reviews GTAIV would have won.

But it is ok for someone to make a thread saying how great it is that OoT is back on top but nobody can make a thread saying that if they had the same amount of reviews then OoT would not be on top at this point. i am just bringing all these Ninty fanz out the clouds  

Around the Network

I think this clown should get banned, as the thread tittle is totally misleading, since he said otherwise in his first post.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
I think this clown should get banned, as the thread tittle is totally misleading, since he said otherwise in his first post.

And who gave you the power to bring down the ban hammer

Hawk said:
Esmoreit said:

This is still a very flawed way of looking at the numbers. Most of OoT's grades come from magazines. This is due the fact that there weren't a lot of game review sites back in 1998. The grades from magazines generally also come in later...

And as you yourself already stated - the first grades from GTA were higher then those of OoT. These were mostly websites. It is, in a way very flawed both statisticly and ethicly to compare two different types of media.

I can also state with a certain certainty that magazines are generally a bit harsher as they have more time for testing. So in a way, OoT should be even more commended for being up there as it was looked at longer.

I was thinking of bringing this up too, but I only had a theory that later magazine reviews actually had reviewers that spent more time playing the game.  I didn't really know if my theory was true or not. Do you really know that the magazine reviewers get to spend more time on the game?

Because, in that case, obieslut is even more full of fail.  He's saying we should remove the scores of the reviews that actually got the time to fully critic the game.

I haven't grounded this in theory, just basic thought. A website is expected to put up a review right before the launch, on the day it launches or at most a few days after that. It's easy as a website is updatable any moment you chose.

Most gaming magazines come out once a month. Most developers consider this in their lead time (sending their games early on under embargo) and the magazines try to come as close to putting the review up around the release. This can take a couple of weeks though and gives the reviewer more time to experience the game. And as we all know the longer we play a game the more flaws we notice. A website-reviewer is probably still in his buzz after playing through the game once, or maybe even just a couple of days.

Now compare this to a reviewer who has had several weeks with the game. This difference in time and experience is reflected in the scores.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

this thread has crashed and burned.
Anyway, the ps3 and 360 versions are the same, basically. And going by your logic rock_on, the 360 must have higher reviews than the ps3 version, because it will get DL cities.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

im really happy about that ,i wish mgs4 to do better