By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN UK Review: MGS 4 = 9.9 out of 10

Great news MGS 4 getting huge review scores and will sell millions of games and move lots of PS3 hardware.
MGS 4, GT 5, God of War 3, LBP, Resistance 2, Kill Zone 2 and FF XIII. All 7 games review scores = 10 out of 10 (perfect scores) All 7 games will sell millions of games (5 million each) and all 7 games will be system sellers.

Around the Network

Funny how one game gets a 9.9, and another gets a 10, and somehow that makes them vastly different in quality.

Com back to reality people. GTA4 and MGS4 are both crazy good. Just be happy that games this good are coming out for you to play, and stop bitching about what got what score.

yeah baby yeah perfect game for me

Very impressive indeed, was expecting lower than Halo 3 just due to the lack of hype(in comparison to Halo 3) and it being exclusive to PS3.

What I think is funny is that someday I think there is going to have to be a new rating system for highly anticipated franchises.

9.0 will be the new 6.9 and under.
9.1-.4 will be the new 7.0 to 7.9
9.5-.8 will be the new 8.0 to 8.8
9.9 will be the new 8.9
10 will be the new 9.0 to 10

People may joke now, but the number of super high ratings that have been given out lately is killing the credibility of the reviewers all the way around. Maybe MGS4 deserves such a high rating, but given some of the mixed comments about it, I doubt it. Probably still a great game, but in general I think the quality of reviews is falling in the toilet.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
What I think is funny is that someday I think there is going to have to be a new rating system for highly anticipated franchises.

9.9 will be the new 8.9

People may joke now, but the number of super high ratings that have been given out lately is killing the credibility of the reviewers all the way around. Maybe MGS4 deserves such a high rating, but given some of the mixed comments about it, I doubt it. Probably still a great game, but in general I think the quality of reviews is falling in the toilet.

Not really, CoD4 got lower than Halo 3 and it's very easy to see which one is more popular(and imo better), AC got low rating(which it somewhat deserved) and that again was still popular; the only games that have been recently overrated is GTA 4 and Halo 3. We can't say MGS4 deserves less than anything it's been given because none of us have played it. 

I wonder what ign had to do to get mgs4 2 weeks early! Only one or two other reviews came out before that (mostly opm).
Im really pleased it got a

10 Graphics
The visuals in MGS 4 are as cutting-edge as you can rightfully expect from the latest videogame blockbuster, boasting as much style as technical expertise.

it seems style aswell as technology is needed to get a high graphics score

Depends on where you go. COD4 was pulling 100 scores by several reviewers (using Metacritic), so was Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, Orange Box, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Twilight Princess. Many highly ranked games over the past year have been so heavily sucked off by the gaming press it's disgusting. They are all good games, but there are flaws that are cited with several them with absolutely no impact to the score. Each one of these games were highly anticipated titles that turned out to be good games. Good games that aren't heavily publicized don't scratch that level of ranking. Basically, reviewers are sucking off the developers that put out a good game and spent the most money in advertising.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Ssyn said:
Profcrab said:

9.9 will be the new 8.9

Not really, CoD4 got lower than Halo 3 and it's very easy to see which one is more popular(and imo better), AC got low rating(which it somewhat deserved) and that again was still popular; the only games that have been recently overrated is GTA 4 and Halo 3. We can't say MGS4 deserves less than anything it's been given because none of us have played it.

Way to back up his point.

CoD4, not so hyped. Halo 3, hyped to the moon. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Anyone know why they didn't mention MGO at all?