By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Weezer is so full of win... Pork & Beans video

MontanaHatchet said:
rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Oh wow, I just watched that video. ****in brilliant.

Perhaps you should consider watching my links before harassing me about my age, you rapscallion.

But you have to admit that some of their songs are teenage fodder.

Oh, absolutely. But the band is a lot of fun. I don't recall anyone ever claiming Weezer is fine art but that's not what they're going for. It's okay to like the Ramones and Beethoven at the same time. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Oh wow, I just watched that video. ****in brilliant.

Perhaps you should consider watching my links before harassing me about my age, you rapscallion.

But you have to admit that some of their songs are teenage fodder.

Oh, absolutely. But the band is a lot of fun. I don't recall anyone ever claiming Weezer is fine art but that's not what they're going for. It's okay to like the Ramones and Beethoven at the same time. :D

Some of their songs, such as Island in the Sun, are actually pretty good. Beverly Hills has such a simple beat that it could pass for a baby's lullaby.

I like weezer..

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I started typing a comment about how I hate the new video and hate the band and want them to die, but it spiralled out of control.

So I'm starting an I HATE WEEZER thread out in the rest of VGC.

Sorry rocketpig.

Why on Earth would you dislike Weezer so much? They're just an earcandy band.

Around the Network

Well you can find out here, in my I HATE WEEZER thread, if you missed it.

I understand that they're just earcandy, but the Nirvana obsession and some other things really piss me off.

I like the Ramones.
I like Beethoven.
I despise Weezer.

Well, I don't really agree with most of your points on Weezer but I do agree with one thing you strongly implied in your rant:

The Rentals kick Weezer's ass. It doesn't mean I hate Weezer but The Rentals are too fuckin' cool for words. Friends of P is one of the most infectuous songs ever. It gets into your head and doesn't leave for years.

Epic video. They had most of the youtube fads, but they missed Hare Hare Yukai.

Edit: Actually I think that 40 year old man at 2:47 was doing Hare Hare Yukai.  You win the internet Weezer.

Also, I completely agree with Rocketpig. Weezer is just fun. Their old stuff was a lot better than their last couple albums, but it looks like this is a return to form for them. They are funny and fun. Not to be taken seriously. Not to be called the pinnacle of music or rock.

I like how we're having this secret civil discussion about Weezer outside of my evil hate thread.

Yeah I fucking love the Rentals. They had a 2nd album and then Matt Sharp had a solo acoustic album, and now the Rentals have a new EP and are working on a 3rd album fucking finally after 8 years. They're also one of the main reasons I hate Weezer. They fucked Matt Sharp over so hard and now nobody knows who he is, even though he co-wrote the first 2 albums.

To this day, the 2nd album says "All songs written by Rivers Cuomo," because they settled out of court, and basically gave Sharp a shitload of cash to pretend he had nothing to do with it. He was so pissed he almost quit making music. I'm glad he couldn't kick the habit though. I hope he got an assload of money and has a successful comeback.

To me Weezer's basically 2 bands with or without Sharp. Kinda like the different Van Halens and Pink Floyds and whatnot.