By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fatal Frame IV: First gameplay images.

NJ5 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
hunter_alien said:
Is that Wii game :o I tahught that we are talking about a PS3/360 ... amazing :o

The Wii can do a lot when developers try. The three main graphical differences between the Wii and the HD systems are lower scale (and this kind of game doesn't work that way), lower resolution textures/polygon count (also not necessary in a game like this), and not as many effects at once even though the Wii can do most of the HD system's effects (also not necessary, since that is related to scale).

I never played a Fatal Frame game, but from what I've seen it seems to be based on closed areas, which means it's easier to increase detail even on not so powerful hardware. Is that the reason for the things you wrote there?

Yes.  

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

@LordTheNightKnight: Thanks!

@all: I was trying to find some sales data for the first three Fatal Frame games, but couldn't find anything so far... Does anyone have an idea of what kind of sales these games had? I suppose it sold at least moderately well in Japan, which is probably one of the reasons why it was moved to the Wii...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957