By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Developing “Transformer” Controller

http://scrawlfx.com/2008/05/rumors-sony-developing-transformer-controller-video-service-by-e3  

The controller don't actually look like that. That just a toy. But the idea is that you can transform it  to suite different genre, FPS, RPG, etc.

Around the Network

The idea is okay, but I'm sure it will turn out to be shit.

Aj_habfan said:
The idea is okay, but I'm sure it will turn out to be shit.

not really, many people would love the abilty to switch around the D-pad and analog stick.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

That's not just a toy, its a transformer. Also, I don't think that type of controller would work to well, and it would probably be a lot more money.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

OOOOOOOLD news:

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-134232.aspx

It was part of the 1up podcast over a month ago...thus the 'source' of the EGM rumour in the first place.

Around the Network

This is actually a fantastic idea. No controller is good at everything (crappy PS3 back triggers, 360's worst D-Pad ever, Wii makes racing without a peripheral a joke). So having the ability to have a personalized controller for each genre sounds like a step in the right direction.

Good idea, but my bet is expensive and fragile

Damn! I'm sold! I was on the fence about the PS3 but if there's going to be a controller that turns into a robot I just can't resist! Sign me up!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The problem with this is that it would be very VERY fragile.

That would be a good idea because I actually prefer the 360 controller for shooting games.