By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official MGS4 review Thread

Kingsora_be said:
Shameless said:
I'd rather know the pros and cons of the game instead of the scores. Any chance you can sum them up?

You can see the pro and the contra's now from 2 magazines now in the first post (I have those mags lying here next to me )

And you're probably right Kratos, but after the scores like AC, GTA4, Viking and some others....

And then they only gave MGS4 a 90, that means the game is just as good for them as Viking (and that game sucked) and the review says MGS4 is fenomenal, little bit strange, right???

Yup jeroen is weird, he gave gta a 100, but MGS4 is also fenomenal, but gave it a 90. That means halo 3 is as good as MGS4 :S:S:S:SS:. That ain't right.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

"That means halo 3 is as good as MGS4"

Dont even joke about such things....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

^sorry :P

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kingsora_be said:
MGS3 is from major importance, that's how it al started and the game was also awesome, epic bosses poor bosses, except Volgin and The Boss, the Cobra Team was pretty average and lacked background, great story graphics and music. Probably even the best MGS game ^^

fixed

Time to Work !

rocketpig said:
Shameless said:
rocketpig said:
colonelstubbs said:
The story is easy to follow!

Something about clones....and....and arms....and....yeah

I love the arm bit. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when it happened in MGS2.

I mean, WTF, was Ocelot just wandering around Shadow Moses until he found Liquid's body, saying to himself "Ah, I'm missing a hand and this fella here doesn't seem to need his anymore", proceeding to chop off Liquid's arm and carry it away in a tote bag?

According to people that've played through the game there are good explanations for things like that in MGS4.

Oh boy, now I'm even more interested to play the game.

I like MGS for the same reasons I like Lost... If taken light-heartedly, impossible happenings, faux intrigue, and convoluted stories can be kinda fun even if the Cheese Meter shoots through the roof at points.

==> I see your point despite never have seen Lost. I assume it is the same thing that for X files where you never fully understand the story because it is too complex and makes no sense.

Personnaly, I still hope that Kojima will succeed to clearly and logically explain this convoluted story.

If it truly does, he will get a lot of my respect because there is nothing more difficult that escaping from a big convoluted story. Just ask to the guys that made Matrix/X-Files/Lost ... 

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
rocketpig said:
Shameless said:
rocketpig said:
colonelstubbs said:
The story is easy to follow!

Something about clones....and....and arms....and....yeah

I love the arm bit. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when it happened in MGS2.

I mean, WTF, was Ocelot just wandering around Shadow Moses until he found Liquid's body, saying to himself "Ah, I'm missing a hand and this fella here doesn't seem to need his anymore", proceeding to chop off Liquid's arm and carry it away in a tote bag?

According to people that've played through the game there are good explanations for things like that in MGS4.

Oh boy, now I'm even more interested to play the game.

I like MGS for the same reasons I like Lost... If taken light-heartedly, impossible happenings, faux intrigue, and convoluted stories can be kinda fun even if the Cheese Meter shoots through the roof at points.

==> I see your point despite never have seen Lost. I assume it is the same thing that for X files where you never fully understand the story because it is too complex and makes no sense.

Personnaly, I still hope that Kojima will succeed to clearly and logically explain this convoluted story.

If it truly does, he will get a lot of my respect because there is nothing more difficult that escaping from a big convoluted story. Just ask to the guys that made Matrix/X-Files/Lost ...

X-Files is another perfect example of a cheesy-yet-fun show.

Not everything has to be 2001, Citizen Kane, or Chinatown... Some things can just be fun and shouldn't be talked up as being anything other than that. After all, I enjoyed Gears immensely and that has virtually no story at all. Games that play up testosterone-charged situations have their place, too.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

While they were cool to fight, there was no background on the Cobra team as libellule pointed out. If you could get as much background information on them as you could Fox Hound or Dead Cell in MGS1 and 2, they would have seemed more awesome.

libellule said:
Kingsora_be said:
MGS3 is from major importance, that's how it al started and the game was also awesome, epic bosses poor bosses, except Volgin and The Boss, the Cobra Team was pretty average and lacked background with the inclusion of TheEnd, TheBoss, Shagohad/Volgin and TheFury, great story graphics and music. Probably even the best MGS game ^^

fixed

ReFixed 

The Fury's bass battle had tons of style while offering a huge adrenaline shot and you can't find a "top 10 video game bosses list" without The End's name on it. MGS3 has some of the best bosses and most memorable battles ever.

That old boss I guess the End with his sniping...Well I never beated him, When I saved at the boss and picked it up again after some days he just died of his age.

=p That are those things that I always can appreciate in MGS games.

GamePro's Review is out also: 5/5

Working on finding a good scan of the magazine, one I found doesn't show the score.

http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mgs4ryy0.jpg