By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official MGS4 review Thread

rocketpig said:
Kingsora_be said:

Ow yeah I heard about that PU gave it only a 90, actually I don't really take PU serious anymore. They gave AC a 99, GTA 4 100 and Viking a 90...

If you know then that there is also a journalist there who thinks every Nintendo game is godlike, then it is difficult to take them serious of course, in my opinion they are sometimes a little bit anti-sony, anyways I will add the score ^^

Oh, come on... I'm one of the biggest AC supporters on this site but that score is freakin' ridiculous.

Ac with a huge advertisement on the magazines, advertisements of the magazines on the game, well you don't have to tell me why they gave so huge scores =p.

Around the Network

has there ever been a MGS4 thread that doesn't include a Rocketpig argument about the story against someone else?

bbsin said:
has there ever been a MGS4 thread that doesn't include a Rocketpig argument about the story against someone else?

Well, the story is admiteddley a bit wishy washy....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

bbsin said:

I don't really think I'm arguing with anyone...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

colonelstubbs said:
bbsin said:

Well, the story is admiteddley a bit wishy washy....

That's not false, but still, doesn't Rocketpig ever get the feeling that he's walking in circles at this point?

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
bbsin said:

I dunno bro, I just get the feeling that things get heated when the thread consist of MG's story plus you, especially when you're at one end forcing your reasoning to the other.

bbsin said:
rocketpig said:
bbsin said:

I dunno bro, I just get the feeling that things get heated when the thread consist of MG's story plus you.

Only when DTG is around. I'm perfectly happy to peacefully talk about the MGS series as long as no one keeps repeating how enlightening it is and how it's one of the greatest works of the 20th century (the mind reels in horror at that line).

I'm getting more and more excited to play MGS4. Despite my vitriol toward parts of the series, I love the Snake character and want to see how it all goes down in the end. 

rocketpig said:
colonelstubbs said:
The story is easy to follow!

Something about clones....and....and arms....and....yeah

I love the arm bit. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when it happened in MGS2.

I mean, WTF, was Ocelot just wandering around Shadow Moses until he found Liquid's body, saying to himself "Ah, I'm missing a hand and this fella here doesn't seem to need his anymore", proceeding to chop off Liquid's arm and carry it away in a tote bag?

According to people that've played through the game there are good explanations for things like that in MGS4.

Shameless said:
rocketpig said:
colonelstubbs said:
The story is easy to follow!

Something about clones....and....and arms....and....yeah

I love the arm bit. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when it happened in MGS2.

I mean, WTF, was Ocelot just wandering around Shadow Moses until he found Liquid's body, saying to himself "Ah, I'm missing a hand and this fella here doesn't seem to need his anymore", proceeding to chop off Liquid's arm and carry it away in a tote bag?

According to people that've played through the game there are good explanations for things like that in MGS4.

Oh boy, now I'm even more interested to play the game.

I like MGS for the same reasons I like Lost... If taken light-heartedly, impossible happenings, faux intrigue, and convoluted stories can be kinda fun even if the Cheese Meter shoots through the roof at points.

Yeah, Shane Bettenhausen (already beat it) of EGM stated that explanation and reasoning behind Liquid's hand on Ocelot is something that's really unexpected and will blindside everyone.