By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What routers work with Xbox Live?

I have a 360 now, but i cant seem to get this damn live working. this happend ot me with my ps3 and XBL before.

I have a Dlink DI-624 wireless router. Im using a wired connection. Everything works perfectly when when i test the connection except for NAT. when it reaches NAT, it says network adaptor disconnected. I also noticed when this happens, my internet on my computer loses connectivity for a while then goes back up.

I called dlink and opend up these ports microsoft told me:

UDP - 88
UDP - 3074
TCP - 3074

and it still doesnt work! I have searched this on google, but I just wanted to see what you guys have to say about this.  

Around the Network

I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router and my 360 is hooked by LAN wire to it. Had no trouble, worked immediately, didnt have to do port forwarding or anything. NAT is enabled. Sorry Im not very techy so thats all I can help at this point.

EaglesEye379 said:
I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router and my 360 is hooked by LAN wire to it. Had no trouble, worked immediately, didnt have to do port forwarding or anything. NAT is enabled. Sorry Im not very techy so thats all I can help at this point.

Me to. uPNP FTW.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

Here's a list of routers certified by MS.

Yea kinda on/off topic but I can't get my NAT to open from Moderate. Despite doing everything the instructions say. Oh well.