By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 will have 2 player co-op and Cover system

This is a rumor by the way.  Sorry I didn't mention that in the title. 

http://kotaku.com/5010601/re5-to-have-2player-co+op-cover-system

A series first. According to a now pulled GamesRadar article, Resident Evil 5 will feature a cooperative player available throughout the campaign which lets players drop in and out of co-op play. The new cover system mechanics will let players "lock to a wall and fire around the corner." When not in co-op model, the other character will be AI controlled. What's more, the game will feature a dodging movement controlled by the right analog stick, and the game will take place in more open areas than previous RE titles.

Pretty interesting departure for the series if you ask me. 2 player co-op will add a lot of value to the game, and a cover system could be pretty interesting, although I don't think even RE4 needed one. It remains to be seen how necessary the cover system will be. My guess if there are more projectile/gun based enemies it will be important.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

akuma587 said:

A series first. According to a now pulled GamesRadar article, Resident Evil 5 will feature .

Excuse me but aren't articles usually pulled because they are found to be inaccurate or misleading in some way?

Cover system >_>

Why does that have to be forced into every game that has 3rd person shooting these days?

Grampy said:

akuma587 said:

A series first. According to a now pulled GamesRadar article, Resident Evil 5 will feature .

Excuse me but aren't articles usually pulled because they are found to be inaccurate or misleading in some way?

You're right, we won't know until we get some more vids of the gameplay or news from the developers, but I think Capcom will do some new things with RE5 so that it is more than just another RE4, and these could very well be some of the changes.  Co-op is honestly a great idea, and if implemented well could be a big selling point.  The cover system I am less excited about (every game seems to have one now after Gears of War), but if it is done well it could be really cool.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Cover system >_>

Why does that have to be forced into every game that has 3rd person shooting these days?
Because otherwise crappy players like me die too easily.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

...Why do we need to take cover from zombies?

God dammit, Resident Gears of Evil, here we come...

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
...Why do we need to take cover from zombies?

God dammit, Resident Gears of Evil, here we come...

My thoughts exactly.