By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do We Need a Sticky Bulletin Board Thread?

I’ve only been a member for a short time so forgive me if this is a non-starter but something I see as needed is a permanent thread where one can ask a question, share an idea or post an item of interest which doesn’t really justify a string. I think this is important since starting an unnecessary string may force another more important topic off the page.

The “bulletin board” string should include a mechanism if possible to easily move a topic and comment to a string in case the interest is higher than anticipated. The type of design where all responses appear as clickable headlines immediately below the OP would be perfect, IMHO, but I don’t know if that is technically feasible.

Sometimes I’ve found items that I think would be of interest but which don’t fit an existing thread or justify a new one but which would fit great on a “bulletin board”. I also see a lot of needless threads created for this type of input. Getting rid of those leaves more room for more important discussions

For example, right now I would like to ask “where are the sales for the week ending the 17th”.  It just requires an answer; it certainly doesn’t need to be a new thread. It also is not of long term interest so perhaps all entries should automatically expire after some time interval like 24 or 48 hours.