By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ideas for Xbox Live 3.0

You're only entitled to get three free gold months per Xbox, btw.

Things I hope for Xbox Live 3.0 are multi-person chat rooms and a set of features like Halo's theatre standard in all games, as well as a standard stat-tracking service as expansive for all games as Bungie's.

Around the Network

Maybe they could fix a problem I'm having with my Xbox Dashboard. I keep getting advertisements even though I paid for Xbox Live Gold. It's classless to toss ads up on my Dashboard just because I didn't pay for their service, but it's unacceptable to put them up there when I did.

LOL, a bunch of lame comments. Free, free , free. Hell, I think the government should offer us free wireless broadband. The technology is there. Seems pretty simple. The thing is that for a console to have a decent online compenent it takes money to run. You need engineers on the payroll to watch the servers and you need developers to watch the service and you need tech support people. These people, let alone the hardware, cost money. On a pc it is much easier to have this infrastructure for online games. People can turn their systems into servers and host games. Console are much different in terms of the infrastructure needed. Having started online gaming with the Quake Beta I have an idea of how online gaming has progressed. One thing I find really nice about XBoxLive is the penetration of the headset. It is nice to play a game and be able to strategize with people(this is impossible on Wii). With Halo 3 me and my buds have a hell of a time keeping each other informed as to where people are. PCs have this ability but most people who play dont have it. There might be one guy in a match talking to his team but gets no responses. Also, having a badass infrastructure like XBoxLive's can greatly increase the abilities of developers to add value to games. Look what Bungie did with Halo3. They are able to host a wide range of statistics and gameplay content for each gamer. Once you take a picture of a replay in game it gets immediately uploaded to Bungie.net. This relies heavily on the back-end that Microsoft provides. All I hear here is belly aching and possibly jealousy. I will gladly pay the money in order to keep the service that I use quite extensively. Also, it is not just client side that this service is handy. I am sure Microsoft provides an incredible API for developers to tap into to make online development easier. Paying makes sure there is quality across the board.

make it so u can have over 100 people on your friends list

add a blade for clans that are very customizable

assuming gears 2 is gonna have a lot of user-created content features like halo 3 and more games are going to continue to have it they should make center spot on xbox live to download all this stuff. i love going to bungie.net to get halo maps but it would be way better if u can get there straight from your console

also aren't they gonna put up that whole new feature where u download free games made by new devs

disolitude said:
Nah...Free is something one would say that doesn't own an xbox360 and has a ps3 or a wii, hence doesn't know what they are getting with the 50 dollar yearly fee.

With 360 you get what you pay for and I'd like to stay on the cutting edge.

I'd love to see the ability to have a splitscreen between live (msn, video demo downloads...) and the game. So while I'm playing halo 3 and waiting for a match to start I am able to go on xbox live and chat with freinds or go on the marketplace on the same screen with a touch of a button.

I am pretty sure we will see something like this on the xbox 720...

agree..... and also, having a netflix like service would be great, it is already easy to use the 360, so why not replace the video store with something that is cheaper, bigger, and better?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Port second life and let people develop mods for it using xna or something j/k