By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ideas for Xbox Live 3.0

Any ideas for XBL 3.0 for MSFTs next gen console?  What about an update for the current XBL for 360 besides simple dashboard updates?  Any major revamps?

Around the Network

free to play with other people?

bbsin said:
free to play with other people?

Ding ding ding! Feel free to compete with Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft.  Mario Kart Wii plays better than any game I've played on Live with my 360, it's easier to get into games, quicker to play games, it replaces players as you go, etc.

And it's free. 

F

R

E

E

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Nah...Free is something one would say that doesn't own an xbox360 and has a ps3 or a wii, hence doesn't know what they are getting with the 50 dollar yearly fee.

With 360 you get what you pay for and I'd like to stay on the cutting edge.

I'd love to see the ability to have a splitscreen between live (msn, video demo downloads...) and the game. So while I'm playing halo 3 and waiting for a match to start I am able to go on xbox live and chat with freinds or go on the marketplace on the same screen with a touch of a button.

I am pretty sure we will see something like this on the xbox 720...

Around the Network

Ya I got my card off ebay for 30 bucks for a full year. If you can't pay 2.50 a month for a better service. Then I don't know what to say.

disolitude said:
Nah...Free is something one would say that doesn't own an xbox360 and has a ps3 or a wii, hence doesn't know what they are getting with the 50 dollar yearly fee.

This is sarcasm right?

disolitude said:

Xbox Live is not cutting edge. Not even close. Try using a computer in 1997 and you'd see that the online experience for gaming is better. Xbox Live, generously, is a decade behind PCs.

I've got a Wii and a 360, and I'm telling you that the Mario Kart Wii has better online than the 360 games I've played online.  You select "play online" and you're basically in a game with 12 people right away.  If people leave, that's fine.  More people will join while you're racing.  You don't have to wait for more people to join for the next map, you just vote for your favorite map and it goes.

bbsin said:
disolitude said:

This is sarcasm right?

Nope...no sarcasm here.

People don't realize that you can get free xbox live if you want and play online. Just create a new live handle every month. Live gives you 1 free month of Gold with every handle. If you don't care about stats, friends list, downloads, gamescore...stuff that you don't get on the other 2 consoles anyways...you can play online for free.

I would hate it if Microsoft said "its free" and they stopped the innovation cause its free and is generating no revenue. As far as Sony and Nintendo are concerned, they sit there and just look at 360's online and wait for updates. And when updates come they say..."ok, we will copy this...we don't like this". Thats why its free...

TheBigFatJ said:
disolitude said:

Xbox Live is not cutting edge. Not even close. Try using a computer in 1997 and you'd see that the online experience for gaming is better. Xbox Live, generously, is a decade behind PCs.

I've got a Wii and a 360, and I'm telling you that the Mario Kart Wii has better online than the 360 games I've played online.  You select "play online" and you're basically in a game with 12 people right away.  If people leave, that's fine.  More people will join while you're racing.  You don't have to wait for more people to join for the next map, you just vote for your favorite map and it goes.

I've played it and its not bad. However thats one game and it is a one trick pony...try playing with freinds only. Try playing with private voice chat with freinds only on the wii. That takes 30 seconds on the 360...online play is not what xbox live is only about.