By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 vs. 360

Excluding the PC version, which one is better?  The PS3 supports mouse and keyboard and the 360 version will have the toolset on disc as well as exclusive Gears 2 footage.  Any thoughts?

Around the Network

PS3, due to you being able to have mods instantly. Also just download the toolset.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well 360 version was in development longer on a not as complex platform so I think without a doubt it'll be the better version.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

PS3 version is fantastic, you cna simply download the toolkit anyway and it has mouse/keyboard. i may get the 360 version as well though.

360 has Split-Screen, that alone would make me choose it over PS3 version. But since I don't really care for that series, don't have a 360, I will take no real action.

Around the Network

Theres some differences betwene both versions, which differences weigh more is all personal preferences

360 has:
Split Screen
Exclusive Content (Maps/Mods [Gears of War Stuff I believe])

PS3 has:
Mouse/Keyboard
Install to HDD (Increases level streaming which adds better fps)
Mods (There has been talk of Home intregation with UT3)

My personal take:

360 Exclusive Content, I woulnd't even bother with... Since the PS3 gets mods, you can simply grab the content from the 360 and cook it into your PS3, and bam, You have it. (Might be a tad more complex, but it will be possible)

PS3 Mouse/Keyboard, As much as I love the Mouse/Keyboard growing up being a hardcore PC Gamer, Id much rather sacrifice aim/control for comfort. So the Keyboard/Mouse benefit doesn't apply to me.

Split-Screen is a huge plus... I prefer gaming with friends then gaming online, so doing Split-Screen is a big plus to me, cancels out having a friend bring his console and a tv

Mods is the biggest and most important part of the Unreal Series. You absolutly have to have mods. If you want a taste of what Mods are in the Unreal Tournament series, google: "Make Something Unreal Contest".

Potentially with mods, a team of modders can recreate an entire game. Doesn't even have to be a First Person Shooter, it can be a carracing game... Create some sports car models, a few characters, and place them in a custom racetrack level you made. Teams, have your buddy in the passenger shooting rockets at the other cars, etc

The one I'm waiting for, and I guarentee you it will happen...Is the 'Halo Mods'. Some team out there will recreate Halo, with all of Halo's Weapons, Levels, Controls, Movements, Sounds, Characters, etc :) The day that happens is the day I will have a great good long laugh

okay too much typing, hope that helps you out