By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just a thought

Ive been reading alot lately on this web site and others about price cuts(both for the 360 and ps3) and how both are in need of one and how sony most probably wont drop the price this year unless its right at the end. My thoughts on how this will play out this year is as follows.

MS will drop the price of there systems around nov time maybe a little bit sooner if so not by much. The price drop I think will be around 100(maybe the arcade a little less) across all skus. This seems quite a bit but considering how long they have been on market and how little they have droped the price I can honestly see this happening.

Sony I think will only drop the price by 50 thats if they drop it at all. First off they are in a way better postion than last year(they needed that price drop bad). Also what many people have failed tp mention is for the first part of this year sony have been doing alot of bundle deals(which is taken money from there pocket). Lets count shall we first we had GT bundle, then we had a gta bundle and soon we are to have a MGS bundle to. All of these have cost sony money and have helped them sell systems but for me it has taken away teh probability of a price cut come the end of the year. Everyone want to make money and now sony are in a stronger postion thats what they will want to be doing this year.