By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many only had PS2 last gen and only have 360 this gen?

Just curious. I forgot who it was, but someone recently said the 360 hasn't taken many PS2 owners, but I know that's not true. I know several people that only had PS2 last gen that now have 360's. Who here is the same?

Around the Network

I have a PS2 and did buy a 360 first, but since then, it has RROD and been sold on ebay, I'm back in the sony camp now. Though I will admit that I still support the 360 because 1) Too many PS3 fanboys here and 2) I genuinely believe that it has the best games library, the best online and the best controller, so it merits support.

EDIT: I should also say that of last generation I only owned a PS2.

I had a PS2 last gen- I bought a 360 last year, but with the full intention of buying a PS3 somewhere down the line, so I don't think I count.

I got the 360 in January last year and a PS3 in October.

I was PS2 & Gamecube (My Son's) last gen. and now i have two 360s & PS3

PSN: Wildcard975
Live Tag: Wildcard360

PS360 - Best of Both Worlds

My kid sister only had Playstation consoles before we bought her a 360 together with the great game Kameo (cute and very Nintendo-like). Other than Kameo and Tomb Raider there weren't many games which interested her, so the console didn't interest her anymore and it RRoDed on me after playing Gears of War (wasn't as good as I expected) or due a firmware update and we sold it soon afterwards, this also due to bad support. She now got a Nintendo Wii and loves it!

Personally I didn't own a home console (me and my girlfriend do have 2 NDS Lites) since the Nintendo 64 (I loved Mario 64 and bought it at launch, but no other N64 game came close for me). Once I have a beefy PS3 games library my sister will get a slimline PS3 so she can play games like Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Singstar on my partent's big screen HDTV.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I had a ps2 first last gen as my main games machine. I had the others too but ps2 was my main one.

Now i've had a 360 elite since last august and have had no problems whatsoever.
The 360 deserves to be where it is.

I had a PS2 lat gen and now I'm a proud owner of a 360.

I had a PS2, now i have a 360 :)

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

@ yungmagic09 & The Mann

You both are Halo fans judging from your profile, unsurprising you got a 360 then.

There are lots of XBox owners who sooner or later bought a PS2. I guess that's why windbane asked for those who didn't own a XBox before.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@MikeB

I didn't own the original Xbox so when I got my 360 I bought the first 2 Halo games to see how good they were.