By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

DonWii said:
Call me crazy, but I prefer SSB64 over SSBM.

Really?  Other than nostalgic value, every single other aspect was improved in Melee.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network
gitanil said:
DonWii said:
Call me crazy, but I prefer SSB64 over SSBM.

Really? Other than nostalgic value, every single other aspect was improved in Melee.

A lot of good characters gotten beaten to death with the nerf bat...

I didn't think there was anything wrong with SSB64 and, therefore, did not really need improving.

No one has any comments on my intriguing suggestion?
Or do you all think it's a bothersome question?

^Honestly, I do not understand what you are trying to ask

Around the Network

I say there is going to be a double update. Samus zero suit fs and a level

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

I predict Mario Kart stage.

I don't think Skellington would make any sense in the game, seeing as how he was a movie character before a video game character, and even then he's only had 1 movie and a small handful of crappy movie tie-in games. Oh, and that other game.

I don't want any RPG characters in this game! This game's about action. I'd be fine with Mega Man, but I don't really want any more 3rd party characters. I just want the current line-up plus Luigi, Dr. Mario, and Mr. Game & Watch.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Helios said:
Ness is gone, I think. Promotion has always been a big part of the Smash Bros. series. Maybe NoA are preparing to localize Mother 3? Or maybe Sakurai is simply throwing starved Earthbound fans a new bone...

Anyway, guys, I wanted to ask you; Am I the only one who thinks there's a huge disparity in the music quality for Brawl and Galaxy? I mean, Galaxy *sounds* like its orchestrated (don’t actually know if it is) - Brawl isn't, except for the main theme. Perhaps this is one of the things that will be addressed during the extended development time, but given the effort going into this game, I’m quite surprised it was ever an issue. I dunno, maybe none of you noticed, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

PS. Galaxy has really, really awesome music. It might be the best of any single Nintendo game to date, IMO. I find it both funny and appropriate that Mario would lead the charge in this area as well - Galaxy being Nintendo’s first true Wii title and such.

Uh, all of Brawl's music is orchestrated.  Every single song. Honestly from what I haveheard of Galaxy's music I'd say it's exactly the other way around.  Comparing it to the beautiful orchestrated songs on the Brawl site makes Galaxy's music sound a little dull.  However, maybe it's just the quality of the Galaxy videos.  But as of now I would say there is a GIANT gap between Brawl's music and Galaxy's.

^You sure?

I hear people complain that most of the Brawl clips we have gotten are MIDI (Whatever that means) and are not orchestrated. The exceptions are the Brawl Theme, MGS4 Love Theme, and one other, I believe.

^ ive also heard that they are orchestrated