By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

BenKenobi88 said:
DonWii said:
A theory of why Ness is in, but no more third party characters:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120417

There are plenty of videos of the Brawl gameplay but check out the title screen:

Characters: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokemon / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc / Shigesato Itoi / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment Co., LTD / SEGA

Note that Snake is not playable but Konami is listed there. [IN the Demo]
Here's my point. Shigesato Itoi designed the characters for Mother 1 2 and 3. Fine, his name is there and Creatures Inc. made Mother 3. But, note, also on the list is APE Inc.
APE Inc. is the company that created Mother 1 and Mother 2. They were renamed to Creatures Inc. before Mother 3. This is the copyright information for the playable characters. If Lucas replaces Ness, there'd be no reason for APE Inc to appear since Shigesato Itoi and Creatures Inc are the two copyright owners.
In conclusion, APE Inc. is there because a character from Mother 1 and/or Mother 2 is playable....NESS!

Smash64 and Smash Melee have the same layout (Title, Game Developers, Characters)
If that were true that it copyright for items we should have seen RARE for Goldeneye's Proximity Mine. It specifically says CHARACTERS

Sweet! That confirms Ness in my eyes...you just can't be 100% sure I guess. I'm 85% sure now though.

Also...the Proximity Mine was just a generic Smash item if I remember correctly...not from Goldeneye. It just had the same likeness, and obviously got its inspiration from Goldeneye...if I remember correctly.

Actually I disagree. I mean, there are still the characters that were established in MOTHER 1 and 2. For example Mr. Saturn is confirmed returning. Ness could also be an AT. As far as no other TP characters being in they aren't stupid enough to list a company with an unconfirmed character... The website didn't list SEGA until Sonic's update.  I don't think there will be another either but that's not the reason why. I still think Ness's chances of returning are around 50%.

Around the Network

In response to the theory I posted,

I guess that, if they were going to do Capcom, but wanted to keep it secret, they wouldn't just have it on the title screen until it was announced.

In conclusion, Ness has a somewhat higher chance to return, and there is still hope for another third party character (I'm saying this Monday/Tuesday, at Capcom's HEAD EXPLODING event)

If it does not happen this week, I'm convinced we won't get anymore Third Party characters.

You guys still aren't as awesome as me.

Me, a 1000 poster and page 100.

I ARE TEH PWNSOME.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Sorry, people without avatars can't PWN.

*cries*

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

You know who reminds me of tears and would make a good character for Brawl?

This may have been mentioned before, but I keep hearing people talk about it:

Any of you think the Brawl delay will bring with it Voice Chat?

I doubt it.

Hmmm.... Ben is giving me a run for my money.

He got pgae 100 and 1000 posts.

On the other hand he has been banned, so I am still more awesome.

Look at me, I'm still more awesome than Be- *gets shot by Ben*.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

MontanaHatchet said:

You know who reminds me of tears and would make a good character for Brawl?

Shaq-Fu for Brawl