By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

ShastaMasta said:
peach would have her own peach's castle related stage

That's probably true, since it was like that in Melee.  With 29 stages in Melee, I'm sure there'll be one specific for Peach.  And maybe some of the other duplicates will also have their own stage.  13 stages revealed, that leaves a likely 16 or more stages left to reveal.  And we know there's at least one more 3rd party character left to reveal + special moves + final smash.  So that accounts for 25 + 16 = 41 possible updates in 39 days.  I'm seeing more two-a-day updates coming, unless some of the special moves of some of the characters is just too pathetic to include in an update...

Around the Network

JMan... Good idea, with the chart... A few suggestions though...

Group the characters by franchise, so we can see how many characters per franchise are known...

Instead of just checking off on the "special moves," put the number 1 through 4 for how many special moves have been revealed...

And last, don't list stages multiple times... Either list them by franchise, or with one character...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

We obviously aren't going to get moves and final smash for every character on the website.

O_o uh oh.... I've got a strong feeling about this, but I don't think anybody is going to like it.

The third party character will come from Sega...but I don't think its Sonic anymore.

I'm thinking it's NiGHTS.

If you look at the musicians page, there's no musical composers from Sonic. But there is one from NiGHTS. I'm thinking maybe there is a NiGHTS stage for that music. Suddenly, it makes sense for there to be a NiGHTS character.

Of course, there's lots of other music in there too that doesn't necessarily mean they have stages or characters. Everybody votes, what are they going to do, include Miis? Oh, they might. Uhm, Digital Pinball. There, they won't include a pinball.

I hope I'm wrong.

JMan said:

Ok, just looking at what has been revealed and what's left to fill in:

Character

Special Moves

Final Smash

Related Stage

Pit

X

X

Skyworld

Wario

X

WarioWare

Zero Suit Samus

X

Ike

X

Castle Siege

Pokemon Trainer

X

X

Pokemon Stadium 2

Diddy Kong

X

X

Rumble Falls

Meta Knight

Battleship Halberd

Snake

X

Shadow Moses Island

Lucas

Mario

X

X

Delfino Plaza

Link

X

X

Bridge of Eldin

Kirby

Pikachu

X

Pokemon Stadium 2

Fox

X

X

Lylat Cruise

Samus

X

Zelda

Bridge of Eldin

Bowser

Donkey Kong

X

Rumble Falls

Yoshi

X

Yoshi’s Island

Peach

Delfino Plaza

Ice Climbers

?

Smashville
&
Battlefield

I'm thinking battlefield is just a generic one not related to any of the characters.

That's 22 updates (special moves + final smash) and possibly another 5 stages relating to other characters. Is Bowser in Yoshi's Island? Did I miss anything?

Bowser Final Smash. He turns into Giga Bower.

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

Around the Network

Wasn't sure on the number of special moves revealed in some of them. Some show pictures of additional moves but don't indicate how to do it. And Pokemon trainer has at least two special moves identified for each pokemon, and one special move that's the pokemon change. Anyway, here's the updated list (thanks for noticing Bowser final smash missing babycakes):

Character

Special Moves

Final Smash

Related Stage

Mario

2?

X

Delfino Plaza

Peach

Bowser

X

Wario

WarioWare

Donkey Kong

X

Rumble Falls

Diddy Kong

X

Yoshi

X

Yoshi’s Island

Zero Suit Samus

Samus

X

Kirby

Meta Knight

Battleship Halberd

Pokemon Trainer

3/3/3

X

Pokemon Stadium 2

Pikachu

X

Link

X

Bridge of Eldin

Zelda

Snake

3(5)

Shadow Moses Island

Lucas

Fox

X

Lylat Cruise

Ice Climbers

Pit

X

Skyworld

Ike

Castle Siege

?

Smashville
&
Battlefield

edited: Added Meta Knight's special moves that were revealed in the 'how to play' section.

We got MK's special moves in another update.

Also, that guy who composed NiGHTS music also helped compose the original Sonic the Hedgehog music. It just wasn't listed on the website update. I'd actually like Nights better than Sonic, *ducks flying shoes* but it's not going to happen.

Haha, I looked at that chart and got excited. I was about to predict Bowser's final smash because I forgot about it. Oh man Giga Bowser's got me so pumped. I predict Wario's final smash for tonight. I thought it would be the nuclear fart, but if he has 2 fart moves already, I predict his FS will include some sort of microgame attack on everybody.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Where're my cookies?!. My superpowers never fail.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

I predict the MOTHER level.